Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aladin easyfit isolator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emergencyman

I was just looking at the price list from Williams and saw the Aladin easyfit isolator. As an emergency plumber it seems the answer to my prayers. Has anyone used one? How does it work?

These things always look a bit bodge to me. Same as self cutting taps etc.

I agree about them looking like a bodge, but like self cutting taps I would use one to drain down a system then take it off and fit a proper DOC. If I did use one of these it would only be when the house is getting flooded anyhow and I think I would arrange to return when the water can be turned off outside to fit a traditional stoptap. Another good use would be when someone has pulled a radiator off a wall in a hotel or pub late at night, rather than drain down perhaps one of these could be fitted as a temporary measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aladin easyfit isolator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock