Discuss Air Admittance Valve Problem? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Steve F

Water nearly rises to top of pan when flushing toilet then very slowly lowers. Tried several attempts to clear any blockages, hasn’t made any difference. Would a faulty Air Admittance Valve (stuck in shut position) prevent the normal emptying when flushing?

If you can get to the AAV take it off and see if toilet flushes normally.
Sometimes there is a partial blockage in the soilpipe which is made more obvious because of a stuck AAV not letting air out.
If there are basins, baths, etc connected to your soilpipe do they drain OK?

If you can get to the AAV take it off and see if toilet flushes normally.
Sometimes there is a partial blockage in the soilpipe which is made more obvious because of a stuck AAV not letting air out.
If there are basins, baths, etc connected to your soilpipe do they drain OK?
Haven’t noticed any problems with sink or shower. Can’t get at AAV as it was boxed in during refurbishment.

Again, if you can remove the AAV and cover the pipe with cling film and it rises when the toilet is flushed then the problem is downstream of the toilet, or lift the outside manhole cover and see how quickly water flows out.

Reply to Air Admittance Valve Problem? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back