Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss age concern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

do any of you chaps have any connections with age uk (concern) ie, advertise on their scheme with them.?.

they do all the vetting for the pensioners using their assistance, ensuring no cowboys ride into town etc.

i was told on a recent job to get registered with them as my price was half that quoted from firms registered with the scheme.
yes they do charge for it..

Yes I'm registered with Age Concern, I have a job first thing in the morning. Pensioners ring from time to time saying they got my number from Age Concern etc.

I don't put my prices up though for any old folks, if anything I probably comes down a little to be honest. I get a steady stream of work from them.

How do you get registered with them? Been on the website and there are no links. Any contact info would be appreciated. Thanks, Lee

I am interested too. Thanks for the tip, tell us how?

the fee is ÂŁ300 plus vat.
on the web click caontact us and enquire.

ÂŁ300 + vat?! What you get for that?

I think we're talking about a different scheme, I'm on their list of approved tradesmen which is free (or was free in 2008), you have to provide three written testimonials from customers, two have to be pensioners.

I waited months for the papperwork to go through. I don't get any free advert or anything but I did once advertise in their 'voice' mag but got zero work from it as I expected, I only did it to support them.

i believe its the approved installer stuff. ie, you are qualified, have insurance etc.
the cust puts in post code and the trader nearest them comes at top of contacts on web site or phone enquiries.

bit peeved you dont pay for yours though????

I investigated this a while back in one of my local towns but gave up (paperwork involved!)

Would have been free advertising though. Basically I would have gone on a list of trusted workers (they had all sorts there from plumbers and electricians to TV repairmen, cleaners, etc.) so when a senior member of our society popped in, they could ask for a relevant telephone number.

mmm......interesting, it appears the scheme now costs money but mine was free.

Good point about insurance too, I have to send a copy of my public liability insurance to them every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to age concern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock