Discuss advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shane

Hi, any advice will be appreciated. I have been at college for 3 years (!) studying the Gas core safety, NVQ level 2 and just finished NVQ level 3. I have also been gathering bits of evidence for my portfolio but am finding it hard to get evidence as cant get job without the qualification. Been into college last night for talk on NVQ portfolio. City and Guilds are apparently telling the college that there are 2 different routes we can take. the pathway or the full hit. because at the moment we have not got enough evidence in our portfolio we have to take the pathway route which only covers service and maintenance. but - if we decide to take this route, then we would not be able to take the full qualification ever. we would only ever be part qualified. does anyone know if this is correct. we have been messed so much by the college that anything they say is questioned. originally we enrolled on a 2 year course, and they added a 3rd year. now they are saying we cant get our full qualification unless our portfolio is full. this can be hard as some of us cant get regular work with a qualified gas member. they are also now saying we cant work even voluntary with anyone unless we have public liability insurance. any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock