Discuss advice please new boiler fitted no power flush done. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pinklady54

Hi all, i need advice as what to do please.A registered compny fitted nw boiler, and rad stats.
Theysaid they did a powerflush earlier in morning .
I know theydid nt at all.
I asked for empty bottles: the registered engineer searched his van as partner had done it apparently.
no bottleswere found anywhere ; i noticed th partner sitting in iver seat,
he bent down put something in door trim pocket then got out as the regisered engineer was screaming a him where are they.
Partner wet tolook a back ofvan Ient to drivers door LIQUID was leking under the door to floor:
I looked inside it the the fernox bttle leaking out ndanother was in door poket the FERNOX 1 INHIBITOR= new bottle.

This prooved they had not flushed or put in Inhibitor.
They left nearly running a neihbours child over as were on the driveway.

Headoffice calls me and says ned to make appt to put in correct FLUE as too short,
I told the not power flushed,.
THEY DO NOT BELIEVE ME; stroppy.
UNTIL I SAID I HAD the FERNOX 1 BOTTLE new and UNOPENED.
I also HAVE 1 radiator hanging off the wall, pulled away so plaster has big hole there.
#SHOULD i report to TRADNG STANDARDS?

gET another enginer to finish job?

IF I DO THS WILL I STILL GET MY GARUANTEE or not?
HAVE PAID HALF as they wanted it up front.
AWFUL SCENARIO CANNOT TRUST A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
thanks

best thing to do is calm down, talk to the company on monday and see how things go, as your post doesnt make that much sense at present.

Sorry seems like a rushed job. Refuse to pay until you are happy. Or until at least the contract has been satisfied

Get a fernox testing kit and test the water whilst the main man is on site watching you.

So they left in a hurry almost killing your neighbours child? That means they have no intention of coming back, yes? Why would you pay the balance as the job is not finished? Keep the balance. If they come and finish the job, then pay. If not, get someone else to complete. It may cost you more, buy you'll have peace of mind.,
But as has been said earlier, I'm having difficulty understanding your post.

Get a fernox testing kit and test the water whilst the main man is on site watching you.

Contact fernox on Monday for a testing kit or get one from your local merchants. Inform the company of what your doing, don't pay the balance until you've tested the water with the testing kit or you've physically seen the engineers flush the system.
The testing kit will confirm if inhibitor has been added and should also tell you magnetite levels (sludge). It should be below a certain level. By informing the installers your doing this it will give them nowhere to go. And they'll no they're not getting paid without doing it properly.

]

CANNOT TRUST A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
thanks
Solid advice :lol:

How do you know they didn't do a powerflush? Inhibitor is nothing to do with powerflushing.
I have about 5 full bottles of inhibitor on my van, does that mean i'm not putting it in systems??

I dunno, but if you're anything in real life like what your original post portrays, I'm not surprised they drove off in a hurry.

Pinklady turned to us for help and advice as we're in the trade. She's clearly upset as her expectations don't seem to have been met and the company in question appears to be demonstrating poor customer skills.

What she hasn't done is ask us to speculate on her character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice please new boiler fitted no power flush done. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Hoping you can help us with a heating system question that has caused a lot of anxiety for us as a family. Just grateful for some proper...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
D
Morning, We have a Vokera Boiler which is roughly 14 years old. In the past year it has failed nearly every month and the last engineer from...
Replies
Views
Hi All My boiler after about 7 years has startd ratting like a bag of bolts/kettle boleing when CH is on. It has NEVER had any additives or a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock