Discuss Advice on NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

London Gas

Gas Engineer
Have an issue at the moment and a big decision to make;

I currently hold my level 2 diploma in domestic plumbing and heating and I am studying for my level 3, recently ive been offered a full time job working for a small company five days a week and theyre putting me onto a Gas Safe course free of charge, the issue I have is that my diploma course is pretty worthless its just the theory and the practical aspects of the NVQ, my main question is do you really need to have an NVQ which will take an additional year or is it better to work and get the experience whilst obtaining my gas safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back