Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

London Gas

Gas Engineer
Have an issue at the moment and a big decision to make;

I currently hold my level 2 diploma in domestic plumbing and heating and I am studying for my level 3, recently ive been offered a full time job working for a small company five days a week and theyre putting me onto a Gas Safe course free of charge, the issue I have is that my diploma course is pretty worthless its just the theory and the practical aspects of the NVQ, my main question is do you really need to have an NVQ which will take an additional year or is it better to work and get the experience whilst obtaining my gas safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to start off by saying that I have never worked in a construction environment in my entire life, so I am very unknowledge in this area. I have only worked at a coffee shop for 5 years of my life. I am currently doing a Plumbing L2 and next year will start an NVQ L2. For the NVQ I will...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need someone to do my annual gas service and issue me a domestic gas safety certificate. In addition the megaflow cylinder needs checking and anti corrosion electrode replacement (have the part). In addition some of the honeywell motorised valves need replacement.
Replies
Views
Hi all, need someone to do my annual gas service and issue me a domestic gas safety certificate. In addition the megaflow cylinder needs checking and anti corrosion electrode replacement (have the part). In addition some of the honeywell motorised valves need replacement.
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock