Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on installing table top dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jake Cattrall

Hi, this image looks like the setup under my sink:
http://i.*********/nPdg1l.jpg

I have a cold and hot pipe where the cold is already attached to the washing machine.
Presumably I could just attach the dishwasher to the hot tap but that would just waste electricity heating and reheating water. Is there such a thing to duplicate the cold pipe? Or should I just connect to the hot tap?

What advice can you give me as to the easiest way to resolve this.

Thanks.

Attachments

• nPdg1l.jpg
    nPdg1l.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 70
Most plumber merchants/diy stores/scrrewfix/toolstation sale a Y piece adaptor, they only cost a couple of pounds.

81426.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. I was googling for ages and never saw anything like that "Y adapter",

Thanks again!

For the cold feed you could use a Washing machine self cutting tap ....
[DLMURL]http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/48347.jpg[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
For the cold feed you could use a Washing machine self cutting tap ....if the hose connection is short in space...looks like the existing wm hose doesn't have much more extension.
[DLMURL]http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/48347.jpg[/DLMURL]

Dishwasher cold water feed only, do not connect to hot ! why do you think thay only have one connection on back, get the `Y` fitting and maybe a longer hose for WM.

For the cold feed you could use a Washing machine self cutting tap ....

Those self-cutting (DIY) taps aren't very good.

If it's a cheaply made one and the pipe isn't pierced correctly, you'll end up with water everwhere! Also, they can get blocked easily too.

Those self-cutting (DIY) taps aren't very good.

I agree.

Good signature Josh, perhaps you could add to it; 'Please be aware that some of the people who post advice on this forum have only gained their knowledge through browsing forums and may have no actual experience other than a bit of DIY'

Ouch, if that was aimed at me I'm the first to admit I'm not a plumber, just have a passing interest in it along with many other things.

I agree.

Good signature Josh, perhaps you could add to it; 'Please be aware that some of the people who post advice on this forum have only gained their knowledge through browsing forums and may have no actual experience other than a bit of DIY'

Mountainman leave it out - I haven't time for your petty remarks! I'd rather help people on here than waste time replying to your unhelpful comments.

There's nothing wrong with gaining knowledge on forums and passing it on if it is correct. I'm sure it's what many do on here! For your information, I did purchase one of those outside hose tap kits from B&Q many years ago but didn't use the self-cutting tap and was already aware of the issues previously.

Marvoni, that remark wasn't aimed at you at all. Mountainman has a grudge to bear!

Ouch, if that was aimed at me I'm the first to admit I'm not a plumber, just have a passing interest in it along with many other things.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, just suggesting an addendum to balance the signature.

Mountainman leave it out - I haven't time for your petty remarks! I'd rather help people on here than waste time replying to your unhelpful comments.

There's nothing wrong with gaining knowledge on forums and passing it on if it is correct. I'm sure it's what many do on here! For your information, I did purchase one of those outside hose tap kits from B&Q many years ago but didn't use the self-cutting tap and was already aware of the issues previously.

Marvoni, that remark wasn't aimed at you at all. Mountainman has a grudge to bear!

I'm devastated that you think I have a grudge, gonna spoil my day, not.

I speak as I find please or offend and I think that your signature is extremely offensive to the many Qualified, Knowledgeable and Experienced posters on this forum!

I think that your signature is extremely offensive to the many Qualified, Knowledgeable and Experienced posters on this forum!

Really, well seeing as it has been there for weeks and noone else has mentioned it, I think you're in the minority or perhaps the only one!

I agree.

Although 'not aimed at anyone' it is pretty close and if I didn't have thick skin could have taken offence!! Noted on the post as an easy DIY solution and not for professionals who wold never use such simple ideas like flexi hoses also made for DIY!

Don't use a 'y' connector and don't use a self cutting tap. Do it properly and cut a new 't' into the cold and fit new wm valve, or even use one of these

WM_VALVE_TEE.jpg

Last edited:
Really, well seeing as it has been there for weeks and noone else has mentioned it, I think you're in the minority or perhaps the only one!

No he's not in the minority and you can have what you like in your signature. But don't get the hump when somebody digs back at you when you have crap like that in your signature.

However it's a public forum and you can post whatever you like as long as it's within the guidelines of the forum rules.

I am defending the rights of users to be able to come on a forum and ask questions without criticism. If I have to take flack on behalf of other new members then so be it.

I have found far too many forum members on here being critical of new member's posts. No wonder why people join and disappear rapidly.

I have helped people on this forum and it has been acknowledged. I will also continue to impartially help people. As I said, I'd rather help genuine forum users than reply to petty banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on installing table top dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock