Discuss Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

furryneddy

Hi all wonder if you can help ? I need to get the tops of some armatige shanks basin taps that are the push top ones you find in public toilets, I tried prising off the blue and red caps but to no avail - theres no where to get a wrench on the body of the tap under the push part of the tap either :confused::confused:

Hoped one of you knowledgeable types would know the secret !!!

there may be a alan key point at back of tap,use a mirror to look at back of tap.

if for public use would not think they ust pull off as said maybe hole at back for alen key
Maybe a quick call to Armatage is required,let us know

Hi all - thank you all for you interest and input :) It turned out that under the caps (red&blue) on the top of the taps which were extremeeeellllly:eek: dificult to remove there was a small screw which when undone did absolutely nothing to enable me to take apart the tap !!!!!!! I have come to the conclusion that these push button armatige shanks taps are not servicable at all :confused::confused::confused:

WD40 mate after the screw comes off they lift off, not easily mind ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock