Discuss Advice needed for horizontal cylinder install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i am doing a whole new install in a house which i am installing a horizontal cylinder.

What i would like to know is as my cwsc is behind my cylinder and all the feeds to appliances are infront of the cylinder can i T off the top of the cylinder on the hot water side and go backwards for my open vent and forward for the hot to basins etc. With a continuous rise up the vent?

I look forward to your help guys.

Regards

Leroy

basicly yes but best to tee of for draw offs then rise to elbow for open vent if you butt the tee it may tend to pull the vent probably only a problem if youve got low head as you often have with horizontal cylindrs

Hi Low head is an issue as has been said. Make sure the cold feed to cylinder is large.

Thanks guys, the head is pretty low. About a metre but my feed to the cylinder is 28mm. Will this be ok?

Thanks guys

With metre of head can you not get two small cylinders underneath? If not 28mm should do it.

Hi. Depends on vertical length of feed to bathroom. If its on ground floor could suck air. Personal, i would continue as stated and check out when up and running, to see if changes have to be made. Good Luck

It is only in a bungalow so only 1 floor to fall. So should be ok.

I will just have to do as stated and carry on as am doing and check it out when all up and running.

Thanks for your advice guys.

It really does help.

Why not unvented? Low mains pressure ideal in this situation surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed for horizontal cylinder install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock