Discuss Advice? Gas meter and main supply valve newly enclosed after house extension. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, wondering if anyone can offer some advice? We just had an extension in the light-well house (lower ground floor), installing a glass roof to the light-well. This is where our gas and electric meters are, as well as the main supply valve. My concern is that this area used to be open and well ventilated and now it is enclosed. If there were to be a leak in the future, the gas could only escape into the room, which is also to be my workshop with open motors etc which could easily spark. What needs to be done to ensure this is safe? Any regulations I should know? I assume I would need to either enclose the gas supply in a box with ventilation directly outside, or have the supply line and meter moved (which would be rather tricky at this point as the room is already fitted out.

Is this something I need to worry about? it seems like it could be risky as the prior ventilation is now gone. Thanks Jon

Reply to Advice? Gas meter and main supply valve newly enclosed after house extension. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back