Search the forum,

Discuss Advice about a blocked drain please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ABC

I bought a house last year and had some building work done before moving in which included a new downstairs shower room with wc with the drain going under a new extension.
A couple of months after moving in the drain from this shower room (also serves the utility room) became blocked - I called the builder back who cleared it. After only 3 months it is blocked again - mainly only me living here and I don't put anything weird down the loo!

This time I have bought some rods to try and clear it myself. Working from the 'dry' end I have tried to clear the blockage but all I am being able to shift is what looks like garden soil and I'm wondering if the drain is damaged and just filling with soil - is that likely/possible?

I'm hesitating to call the builder again as I've lost faith rather (still have no building control certificate as building inspector not happy) and don't want to rush into getting in a drain unblocking company as I don't have much cash to spare.

Any words of wisdom welcome

they only way your going to find out if its damaged is to get a cam down and have an inspection done

Hi ABC and welcome to the forum , how long ago exactly was the work done as if there is damage then surely the builders garaunteed there work for a certain period ?

Get it inspected with a drain camera, any faults the builders liable if the work was completed recently

Thanks for your replies - drain cam sounds expensive but the only upside is the builders still haven't had their final payment as the Building Inspector still isn't happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice about a blocked drain please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Help! I'm in a bit of a panic and need advice. Our kitchen outside drain is blocked and nothing is shifting it. I reckon it's time to call in the professional or United Utilities (we have shared drains and they have done this in the past). However, there is one problem. There is still...
Replies
Views
Needing some advice for recurrent blocked drains in upstairs toilet and sinks/shower. I’ve tracked the drain to under the house and it looks like there’s some convoluted plumbing done by someone - p traps and not sure if they’re correctly installed. We clear the blockages with draino but they...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock