Discuss Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Having just set up a website, I have added free ads from various suppliers. I am mainly looking at further advertising with maybe Yell, Thomsons and Dentons.
My mate says he advertises with Thomsons and Yell and it has been worthwhile. Spoke to a lady at Yell (Hibu as it's apparently called now) and I can get a fair size listing in the pages and designed by them plus a heavy type ad on Google and Yell working out at £69 for 10 monthly payments for the year. Looking at knocking them down. Any advice

I would say the website is a good idea but my experience of the others is a complete waste of time unless you take out full page adverts costing thousands. People nowadays if looking for a plumber / gas engineer without a recommendation would look to the internet.I would suggest that you spend your money more on the internet / website than the out of date yell,thomsons etc - you only need to look at the size of them to see how they are going downhill.

Nah I personally wouldn't advertise with any of those. I tried Thompson local for a couple years and wasn't amazing. Money for old rope really. My best advertising is word of mouth, but my second best is probably my website. That brings in a fair bit. Loads of independent guys out there who can build you a website for less than a years money on yellow pages

local advertizing mags put through the door works for me £117 a month and dont stop advertising when work is tight as thats when you need to be advertizing!

Yet again I agree with Lame.
Local newspapers and door to door leaflets - that you deliver yourself - are most effective for your money spent.

local advertizing mags put through the door works for me £117 a month and dont stop advertising when work is tight as thats when you need to be advertizing!

100% agree with this, i advertise in 3 local advertising mags that go out in 3 different areas close to home, brings in regular work to top up reccomended work and repeat customers.
I spend about £55 month on this.
Website is also a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
We've always had Google advertisements, since the day we began. Though now we've switched domain names from .co.uk to .net, we had to reapply as a...
Replies
Views
It seems really clear to me not to pay such a company but I thought I'd make it clear in a post. Let's not name names because of solicitors...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to show ads on a usergroup basis. So unregistered see most, registered less, arms even less, staff nearly none, subscribed none at all...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock