Discuss Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerard17

Other than word of mouth has any one ever put an ad in the paper or any other form of advertising? I've only been self employed for 12 months an I get enough work to keep going but would be nice to have a couple of weeks/months work on. I work a lot for a m8 on a day rate an he's always busy but we keep saying wer going to put a big advert in the local paper but we never do. Ideally we wish we could just do heating but beggars can't be choosers.

My mate designs websites and gets them on front page of Google. No upfront costs and only £55 per month. It can take a couple of months to get on the first page though but once there it works well.

He is doing sites at this low price for a few forum members now.
My site is

Www.plumbing-heating-kjs.com

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good that m8 so I take uve had work from it being on google

Yeah I've had a bit tbh.
On front page for plumber in lostock. He's working on plumber in bolton now. Its a very competitive search term and only on page four at moment. But creeping up the rankings.

It can be done quicker but its like hacking and Google Will penalize you eventually. What Andrew does is lay a solid foundation so that when on front page you can't be usurped.

i tried yell.com which was very sporadic to say least as well as landing page looked like a 5 year old had done it.I only advertise in local monthly magazine from sept to march basically use it to show my business is still about to be honest and its winter time may get few faulty heat systems.

My mate designs websites and gets them on front page of Google. No upfront costs and only £55 per month. It can take a couple of months to get on the first page though but once there it works well.

He is doing sites at this low price for a few forum members now.
My site is

Www.plumbing-heating-kjs.com

How can you advertise no VAT?

Surely it's on materials iff not your labour?

How can you advertise no VAT?

Surely it's on materials iff not your labour?

most people recognise it as a standard advertising convention which means simply not a vat registered company which equates in a custards eyes as 'cheaper'

most people recognise it as a standard advertising convention which means simply not a vat registered company which equates in a custards eyes as 'cheaper'
I'd be careful with that to be honest, it's a bit misleading.

There are loads of adverts out there claiming "No VAT", it simply means that the company is not VAT registered, there's nothing "misleading" about it, at the end of the day, its not the customers concern if VAT is paid or not, that's for the company selling to worry about.

There are loads of adverts out there claiming "No VAT", it simply means that the company is not VAT registered, there's nothing "misleading" about it, at the end of the day, its not the customers concern if VAT is paid or not, that's for the company selling to worry about.
It says no VAT, there's VAT is all I was saying.

Just my opinion I wasn't really getting into the legalities of VAT

No, there's no VAT if the company selling is not VAT registered. VAT is 20% on top of the selling price, VAT registered companies have to charge this if they are either voluntarily registered or have reached the turnover threshold, they can claim any VAT that they pay for goods/ services they use.
A company who is not VAT registered does not charge VAT, in fact if they do, then this is illegal.
I'm not having a go, I'm just reiterating for any member reading this who may think the advert is misleading, its not.

No, you cant charge VAT if you're not VAT registered. You pay VAT on anything you buy from your suppliers, but you cant charge VAT on anything you sell.
If you are VAT registered you can claim back the VAT, but the downside is you have to charge VAT on anything you sell/supply.

the plumber pays vat on materials and the customer pays whatever the inc. vat price is, same as they would if they got the part themselves. they don't pay vat on the labour if the plumber is not vat registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back