Discuss Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerard17

Other than word of mouth has any one ever put an ad in the paper or any other form of advertising? I've only been self employed for 12 months an I get enough work to keep going but would be nice to have a couple of weeks/months work on. I work a lot for a m8 on a day rate an he's always busy but we keep saying wer going to put a big advert in the local paper but we never do. Ideally we wish we could just do heating but beggars can't be choosers.

My mate designs websites and gets them on front page of Google. No upfront costs and only £55 per month. It can take a couple of months to get on the first page though but once there it works well.

He is doing sites at this low price for a few forum members now.
My site is

Www.plumbing-heating-kjs.com

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good that m8 so I take uve had work from it being on google

Yeah I've had a bit tbh.
On front page for plumber in lostock. He's working on plumber in bolton now. Its a very competitive search term and only on page four at moment. But creeping up the rankings.

It can be done quicker but its like hacking and Google Will penalize you eventually. What Andrew does is lay a solid foundation so that when on front page you can't be usurped.

i tried yell.com which was very sporadic to say least as well as landing page looked like a 5 year old had done it.I only advertise in local monthly magazine from sept to march basically use it to show my business is still about to be honest and its winter time may get few faulty heat systems.

My mate designs websites and gets them on front page of Google. No upfront costs and only £55 per month. It can take a couple of months to get on the first page though but once there it works well.

He is doing sites at this low price for a few forum members now.
My site is

Www.plumbing-heating-kjs.com

How can you advertise no VAT?

Surely it's on materials iff not your labour?

How can you advertise no VAT?

Surely it's on materials iff not your labour?

most people recognise it as a standard advertising convention which means simply not a vat registered company which equates in a custards eyes as 'cheaper'

most people recognise it as a standard advertising convention which means simply not a vat registered company which equates in a custards eyes as 'cheaper'
I'd be careful with that to be honest, it's a bit misleading.

There are loads of adverts out there claiming "No VAT", it simply means that the company is not VAT registered, there's nothing "misleading" about it, at the end of the day, its not the customers concern if VAT is paid or not, that's for the company selling to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
H
Hello everyone , just see if anyone has any advice on the best places and ways to advertise my little part time private business I’m starting in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock