Discuss Adjust position of thermocouple on Baxi Solo 50RS? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunamis

I've got a Baxi Solo 50RS that I just need to last a few more months until I've got the money to replace it.
Pilot light keeps going out and most of the time won't stay on when I relight it. I've tested the thermocouple by disconnecting it and holding a lighter to it while lighting the pilot and the pilot stays on no problem. I'm assuming therefore that the thermocouple isn't properly positioned close enough to the pilot light when fitted in the boiler...but I'm not sure how I can reposition it.

I'd really like to be able to sort this without having to open the combustion chamber as that involves disconnecting the gas supply and I'm not experienced enough to mess with that.

Any advice on how I can reposition (or bend??) the thermocouple would be VERY much appreciated.

Hope that's enough detail...thanks in advance!

Ronnie

you dont bend the tip of a thermocouple you pay someone to do the checks to get it working properly, not sure how you are holding a lighter and have the pilot lit at the same time without being inside the combustion chamber, have you taken the sight glass off? if so are you sure it is resealed properly, you are right that the positioning of the thermocouple tip and pilot flame are not correct, but the problem will be the pilot is too small to generate enough heat which is why the extra heat from the lighter is allowing it to stay in, the only resolve is to get a gas engineer to carry out the right repair to the pilot, the boiler prob needs a good service which will bring it back to life again

OK thanks - I've got details of a gas engineer that I'll contact in the morning.

Agree with Kirkgas, an experienced gas engineer will sort it & safely.

your out of your league mate,as said get in a gsr sounds to me as if you have a knackered pilot injector,way beyond diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adjust position of thermocouple on Baxi Solo 50RS? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I've just joined this forum as I'm desperately in need of some help. My elderly parents (81 and 77) have a Baxi Solo 3 pf60 and it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with my Baxi Boston 2 50 RS boiler. Nearly always I am unable to light my pilot light within the boiler itself. On the few...
Replies
Views
Hello again all: Firstly: Personal background, as I know people are likely to ask: 1) I AM GSR 2) Most of my work so far since qualification has...
Replies
Views
Back