Discuss Add water pressure regulator to sealed room boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dubman

I have a sealed room combi oil boiler and the water pressure in the house isn't sufficient to activate the boiler, so my idea is to install (next to the boiler) some kind of pump and a water pressure regulator to feed a constant 1.5 bar of pressure; this would also give more pressure to the hot water supply in the house. Can you suggest any particular system, or type of pump etc?
Thank you

What is your current working pressure/lpm. There is an obligation for your water authority to supply minimum values. If the minimum values are not being met - contact your water authority.

This is a house in the country with no mains water supply, only a well which feeds an attic tank. The gravity pressure from the tank to the boiler is just less than 1 bar, but I need between 1 and 1.5 bar to operate the boiler, so being a combi, if I put a small booster pump next to the boiler, it would also increase the hot water pressure in the taps which would also be a good idea. But basically I just want a small booster that can provide a constant 1.5 bar to the boiler. Apart from the booster, would I also need a pressure regulator with a bar clock? And would that system be able to block back flow of pressure - I mean that the water can only pass INTO the bolier, with a one way valve?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Add water pressure regulator to sealed room boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock