Search the forum,

Discuss Actually growing a business, one shovel load at a time. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
20140117_161705.jpg
My apprentice and I spent a couple of hours digging out a 20'x10' shed slab for a stock room to keep everything we could ever need in. It's going to be the best stock room in the world once it's finished. But right now my back hurts from digging. The missus said one of the conditions was I wasn't allowed to wreck our lawn with a mini-digger if I wanted it in the back garden :(

Is it sad to be excited about having a really big shed??

The apprentice suggested I deck it out with shagpile carpet, a large LCD TV, X-Box and a beer fridge instead. I think he has a point!

.......just buy ply boards to lay to drive the machine over......".........

He may have a point there!! we all need somewhere to go and wind down!!

I did think about the plywood but to be honest: -

A - It's good exercise digging.
B - I still had to remove a nailed in fence panel which looked like it had been nailed in with coffin nails.
C - I reckon there is only about 6 hours of digging work in it.

Mini diggers are good fun though. It means I will finally have my garage back too which is rather exciting.

Going to be able to stock a range of soil pipe fittings and everything. In theory I should never need to run to the merchant again for a part right??

I did think about the plywood but to be honest: -

A - It's good exercise digging.
B - I still had to remove a nailed in fence panel which looked like it had been nailed in with coffin nails.
C - I reckon there is only about 6 hours of digging work in it.

Mini diggers are good fun though. It means I will finally have my garage back too which is rather exciting.

Going to be able to stock a range of soil pipe fittings and everything. In theory I should never need to run to the merchant again for a part right??
theory's excellent in practice its sods law

Make it as big as you can, pitched roof as steep as you can, have the top as a hideaway :)
tv, fridge and mattress :)

it was great being young, I even dug all the foundations for a house extension fot the terror in law years back, all the soil went down the garden onto an old railway embankment. I had even planned it to be big enough for a full size snooker table for the future :) . I must have really loved the mrs back then, still do really but god that was hard work being clay.

Just looking at all that digging makes my back twinge :lol:.
I'm sure it'll be a beauty dude :)

Love a bit of outside shovel work! I find it a good break & shut off from the usual stuff we do!

Quite envious of your stock room too! Although surely this means you'll still be making trips out to collect stuff mid-job. Just means you'll be going home & not the merchants! Unless you're extremely organised & load the van for the days jobs?!

I love it when customers build stock-rooms.

It means that instead of selling them stuff that they put in the van, it gets buried and they buy it again, I get to sell stuff that they put in the shed, it gets buried and they buy it again.

It like a van - but so much bigger!

Oh Ray you're such a con artist!

You naughty man you! You should be ashamed of yourself!

;-)

I love it when customers build stock-rooms.

It means that instead of selling them stuff that they put in the van, it gets buried and they buy it again, I get to sell stuff that they put in the shed, it gets buried and they buy it again.

It like a van - but so much bigger!

Haha I like that philosophy. If you guys lived in Lincoln you would know how long it takes to drive into any merchant though!

The wife has got home and is ****ed off at just how big a 20x10' slab is. I did agree it with her before hand but she had no idea of course how big it is....

You think digging that was tough. I have just finished removing our garden shed as the wife wants to put a trampoline In for our niece and nephews. I dug it up just by peppering it with my hilti and a road spike. Weighed in at the tip at 2 tonnes of solid concrete. Was tough.20140118_104134.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Actually growing a business, one shovel load at a time. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock