Search the forum,

Discuss acs resit failed again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think it is unreasonable to name this training centre ,If the training is that bad I would want to know ,Wouldnt you ?
I am wondering has he got the right forum

The reason why l posted on here was i wanted to hear from existing gas safe engineers whether they have had similar experiance as me in their practical assesments ...l dont want to name the centre at the moment as im going to complain through their liasion officer.hopefully will take my acs again in the next few weeks at another centre.

Well I think from the responses that no there not i can't say if yours was not like that but from my own experience the centre I did mine was first class they where there to help not just fail you

I'm with Gray0689 on that & all the gas engineers I know who trained at my centre have often said how tough certain parts might have been but that they were encouraged to reconsider answers to questions asked that might have been due to nerves etc. I personally am of the opinion that unless there were serious safety concerns over ability, the centre I attended was there to educate & assist all on my course. Maybe you have had the misfortune to get the rogue centre.

I'm with Gray0689 on that & all the gas engineers I know who trained at my centre have often said how tough certain parts might have been but that they were encouraged to reconsider answers to questions asked that might have been due to nerves etc. I personally am of the opinion that unless there were serious safety concerns over ability, the centre I attended was there to educate & assist all on my course. Maybe you have had the misfortune to get the rogue centre.

rogue centre just sums it up mikimac ....after paying thousands to do the training and exams feel ripped off and hard done by ...

I don't know that letting slip with what part of the country your centre is would cause any harm (without actually naming) & you may well find that someone on here knows of them & can substantiate your claim. I'm damn sure if that if I was in your shoes & other people agreed that said centre was in fact out to rip people off I'd feel much happier with myself & my abilities & definitely more confident to pursue a claim against the centre.

in the center/collages i no of, they go out of there way to help you unless your dangerous or not safe they did with the people i went with, didnt give you the answers but wanted you to pass cos its your livelyhood so something must have been a miss mate cos everyone gets nervous in that kind of situation and they no it to fail once i can understand but twice says there not happy with you

rogue centre just sums it up mikimac ....after paying thousands to do the training and exams feel ripped off and hard done by ...

ang on!,
lets get this right first...

is this a first initial assesment or a acs re-sit?.
do you already hold your ccn1?.

good question GG

It was a four week gas foundation course to learn the basic's and l have been working along side a gas safe engineer for past year for the knowlegde and experience which has been priceless which im still doing .My initial assesment i was abit nervous made a few mistakes ...but second time round which I thought would be free but gave the money because I new I had no other choice .. I gave 110% memorised everything was focused and confident gave all the rite answers he didnt let me use no books on both assesments even tho its a open book assesment, which didnt realy bother me as l had remenbered alot and new what was expected any way.until the last question i was 1000% sure l had passed because l hadn't made no serious mistakes.

i really am not getting this.

you cant really fail your acs, you can fail the ccn1 which is core competancy (safe to work on gas).
at the least you pass the ccn1 and if nothing else, get cookers with it?.
your assesor must deem you incompetant and you must be messing up on something like controls (which is a biggie). forget the paper side, its not there to fail.
your assesor will not tell you what you failed on either as it is up to you to 'proove' you have what it takes to work on gas and that also includes how you carry yourself..
it is his job and reputation only to pass those who he thinks can provide the skills to do so.
i did not pass on fires as i cocked up on spillage testing having not done more than a handfull. this was left of and i gained the rest so obviously you are not there yet.imo.

i just wonder how they can fail you on not spotting a peice of lead pipe as theres nothing to say lead carnt be there if its in a safe condition and no leaks or drops it just says you carnt use it new or join on to it, in the regs so it must have been something else.in mine id lost the plot and couldnt even see straight and was saying and doing things i would never normally do and arguing with people i thought alot of ,but because they new i was safe and basically new what i was doing and they new that, i got through it cos they carnt take the risk of bye bye house so i really dont think you will get anywere complaining ad just get ye books out and do another 6 to 12 months and try again good luck to you hope it works out

I have lost the plot now , Just so you know there is nothing wrong with having a piece of lead pipe for gas ,So unless they are setting out to trick you which i doubt I cannot see where this going ,except back to the books

I dont think it is unreasonable to name this training centre ,If the training is that bad I would want to know ,Wouldnt you ?
I am wondering has he got the right forum

i suggested it and yes i work in a training centre that has never been a secret, so why should i not ask him to name the place, there are enough negative comments aqbout training on here and i think it is time the bad ones got named and the good ones get some credit the system is what it is atthe moment so we need to make the most of it and the bad centres are doing just as much damage to the trade as the bad workers, there is one reason i can think of that this site would not like the centre to be named but will keep that to myself until there is clarity on who the centre is

After reading through thread,no name to try to shame please and those suggesting it should know better

Thank you

sorry but to those of us asking to name such a dodgy centre why should be know better? i would hope the people that frequent a site such as this would not condone such sharp practices and as well as all the practical advice that we give and get then surely anyone duee to spend a grand or so on training and re-assessment should be made aware of a place that is conning candidates, if indeed the story from the OP turns out to be true and substansiated, i have asked for details of his first and second fail and think and have posted that i dont really believe the shortened version he has posted here, so if it proves to be be bull and the centre are above reproach and failed someone deservedly then they will get the kudos for it

If i was an assessor and someone couldn't tell the difference between a lead pipe and a steel pipe from 20 paces i would throw his jacket out the door after him.
My dog knows that difference!
You weren't failed on that (a lead pipe in itself is not a fault). The assessor was watching (assessing), your overall competency and confidence in what you were doing on the day(s) and obviously felt you were incompetent and not to the required standard to let loose on the public (or your tennents as may be).

If i were you though, after spending all that cash i would complain and demand an independant verification just to set your mind at ease of how little you know.

If i was an assessor and someone couldn't tell the difference between a lead pipe and a steel pipe from 20 paces i would throw his jacket out the door after him.
My dog knows that difference!
You weren't failed on that (a lead pipe in itself is not a fault). The assessor was watching (assessing), your overall competency and confidence in what you were doing on the day(s) and obviously felt you were incompetent and not to the required standard to let loose on the public (or your tennents as may be).

If i were you though, after spending all that cash i would complain and demand an independant verification just to set your mind at ease of how little you know.

Thanks for your constructive advice .As the examiner didnt tell me i dont no..lets just leave it at that .apart from that can't think what i failed on .may be ur right im not competant but at least ur dog is .

i suggested it and yes i work in a training centre that has never been a secret, so why should i not ask him to name the place, there are enough negative comments aqbout training on here and i think it is time the bad ones got named and the good ones get some credit the system is what it is atthe moment so we need to make the most of it and the bad centres are doing just as much damage to the trade as the bad workers, there is one reason i can think of that this site would not like the centre to be named but will keep that to myself until there is clarity on who the centre is

Dont think the forum owners will be happy if i name the centre.mite open a can of worms

Dont think the forum owners will be happy if i name the centre.mite open a can of worms

They'll soon delete it if they dont

It was a four week gas foundation course to learn the basic's and l have been working along side a gas safe engineer for past year for the knowlegde and experience which has been priceless which im still doing .My initial assesment i was abit nervous made a few mistakes ...but second time round which I thought would be free but gave the money because I new I had no other choice .. I gave 110% memorised everything was focused and confident gave all the rite answers he didnt let me use no books on both assesments even tho its a open book assesment, which didnt realy bother me as l had remenbered alot and new what was expected any way.until the last question i was 1000% sure l had passed because l hadn't made no serious mistakes.

OMG !!

Basically, a 4 week course. Then attempting your ACS.

The minimum you would need would be a level 2 NVQ and the level 2 Tech Cert to prep for the ACS. 2 years industry experience and study should see you achieve this level. Certificates are just bits of paper, what you learn throughout the process is the real achievement.

All the Assessors I have ever met, worked with, know and been assessed by are experienced, professional gas operatives. They don't fail people for nothing. No point in naming the center. Concentrate your efforts on getting work with a company that will invest in you and train you. Speak to BG, they have good training oportunities.

Hello Tamz

I believe that there's going to be a change to the Tech Cert Qual. They are changing to a QCF qual, and the nuts and bolts of it is that you have to be working in the industry to get on the course.

A bit like the old apprenticeships! Now there's a breath of fresh air ;-)

Not before time too

Welcome to the forum btw

Last edited by a moderator:
my question on this is, if you are confident but get all the questions wrong, will you still pass?

100% pass rate, does this mean that 100% of people passed even if it took them 3 or 4 attempts?

And my impression of my training centre is that they really do not care if you pass or not, they are getting paid a very high amount, higher then any school or college teacher and they just dont care, wouldn't suprise me if they fail you simply because thats the way their mood takes them.

However I can not comment on your exact situation, impossible unless you posted all the questions you had and all the answers you gave and people could assess your answers and what was right and what was wrong, but i will not be using a training centre for my gas, that is a fact.

Most importantly though is the fact that these guys have got to make sure that you are competent so like said before are you competent especially with only 1 year experience?

And finnaly think your self lucky I have asked to speak to the person in charge of my centre and apparently there is nobody in charge?

Last edited by a moderator:
And my other question is, if you failed twice then have the centre trained you?

If they have, have they trained you right, this would be my question,

Not have you been scammed by the assessor but have you been scammed by the centre that trained you?

my question on this is, if you are confident but get all the questions wrong, will you still pass?

100% pass rate, does this mean that 100% of people passed even if it took them 3 or 4 attempts?

And my impression of my training centre is that they really do not care if you pass or not, they are getting paid a very high amount, higher then any school or college teacher and they just dont care, wouldn't suprise me if they fail you simply because thats the way their mood takes them.

However I can not comment on your exact situation, impossible unless you posted all the questions you had and all the answers you gave and people could assess your answers and what was right and what was wrong, but i will not be using a training centre for my gas, that is a fact.

Most importantly though is the fact that these guys have got to make sure that you are competent so like said before are you competent especially with only 1 year experience?

And finnaly think your self lucky I have asked to speak to the person in charge of my centre and apparently there is nobody in charge?

absolute rubbish, their comment not yours, every accredited place has a management rep and a complaint and appeal procedure, if you have a complaint then you complain first to the assessor, if unresolved the IV or mamangement rep will be brought in, if still unresolved then it goes to appeal panel of the accreditation centre

And my other question is, if you failed twice then have the centre trained you?

If they have, have they trained you right, this would be my question,

Not have you been scammed by the assessor but have you been scammed by the centre that trained you?

l think to be honest the assessor just didnt like me was looking for a fault to fail me and he found one ,any way l foned the number i was given for the student liasion officer and left a message .after a week still no answer, booked my self in to another centre now wish me luck ..The centre is a scam just out to make loads money nothing else .I just feel ripped off.

I agree with Tamz good advice,
I cant play the piano but you dont here me shouting about it

lol - maybe try a fast track piano course ? from complete beginner to vertuoso in just 4 weeks !

i went on this course but ive not touched a piano yet, offering to play for free in the north west area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to acs resit failed again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock