Discuss Acceptable response time for guaranteed items in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Had a call from a customer this morning saying a c/h pump I put in about 8 months ago, seems to have packed up ,so they have no hot water
I said,I would pop round in the morning (Sunday) as busy today,he said he wants fixed now and would have to call someone else in today,if I could not make it and charge me
I pointed out he could not do this as a reasonable response time is required and that now that would be Monday morning

What do others think a reasonable response time is to return to works/parts still under guarantee ?..... assuming water not pouring through ceiling :p

non urgent i would say 5 working days

the product will be guaranteed with the manufacturer so if he wants to play hard ball send him to the manufacturer and advise you guarantee your labour

given the nature of the problem and the current weather i think your offer of a sunday visit is more than acceptable, as he has mentioned getting someone else and billing you, tell him to go ahead, then tell him you are under no obligation to attend immediately unless he is paying you a retention fee, or you specifically include 24/7 response as part of your sales pitch, also tell him that if someone else works on your work it MAY cancel the rest of your guarantee, unless they supply proof that the next guy is fully qualified, as he is being a prat also tell him if he wants you to visit on sunday you will do so but make it clear if the problem is not directly caused by your work (or faulty material) you will be charging him sunday rates. ie the pump may have failed due to dirty water, if thats the case the pump wont get changed under warrenty so he will need to pay for a new pump and your labour, he has behaved like a prat so deserves to get a slap, if he had been a bit more civil and accomodating you take it on the chin and visit for good relations,

I think you are being reasonable I wonder what he would have done if he had not been able to contact you? how does he know that the pump is faulty is he qualified?.If it is coventional system why not put immersion on?If you have to pay only pay up to what you would normally charge for pump swap:)regards turnpin

Why would he have to pay Turpin the pump is 8 months old the pump manafacturers will not say it's faulty they will say set wrong dirty water ect if a custumer spoke to me like that I don't need his custom

Had a call from a customer this morning saying a c/h pump I put in about 8 months ago, seems to have packed up ,so they have no hot water
I said,I would pop round in the morning (Sunday) as busy today,he said he wants fixed now and would have to call someone else in today,if I could not make it and charge me
I pointed out he could not do this as a reasonable response time is required and that now that would be Monday morning

What do others think a reasonable response time is to return to works/parts still under guarantee ?..... assuming water not pouring through ceiling :p
Hi Puddle just wondered what the latest upshot of this post was:)regards turnpin

Don't know,he was going on and on ,I said in the end,I can come round Monday to check things out,if anyone else touches it ,the cover is void,ring me later to let me know if you want me Monday morning,not heard anything since ,so either something silly or they have got someone else,as not heard ,presume maybe another problem,I slept ok Sat night

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same thing recently 6 month old mixer tap had decided to part company from the spout guy phoned me up ranting how my work was shoddy so i put the phone down thinking he would be back on but never heard another word if he had been polite and i would have gone and sorted it as soon as i could as said customers like him i dont need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Acceptable response time for guaranteed items in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back