Search the forum,

Discuss About the diameter of a 22mm pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

IMG_6434.jpeg

The pipe is connecting to a 22mm tap. Why is the bottom part of the pipe wider? Can I still use a connection fitting for 22mm if I cut it at the bottom part?
Thanks🙏🏾🙏🏾

That's not a 22mm tap, bath taps are threaded 3/4 bsp
You have a normal 22mm tap connector soldered to 22mm copper.
The ptfe on the thread serves no purpose and is not required.
What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Thanks for your reply.

I just replaced the old bath tap and connected this tap to the tap connector. But very minor leaking is observed after taking shower.

I am thinking if I need to re-do the connection by cutting the pipe short and use a Pushfit connector to take it more reliable and doable.

After taking the photo, I am worrying about the bottom part of the pipe is not 22mm. It seems from your reply that it is a 22mm pipe but the upper part is the tap connector and that’s why they are not of the same diameter.

Is my understanding correct?

Yes correct.
However a push fit is not more reliable, what you have now is the best in my opinion.
Undo the tap connector and remove the ptfe tape, make sure you have a 3/4” tap connector fibre washer then do up the tap connector, it’ll be fine.

Thanks. Is the one in the picture the fibre washer you a referring to?

Attachments

• IMG_6435.png
    IMG_6435.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks all.
Just finished removing the old fibre washers and adding new ones. Used LS-X sealant to enhance the result. Will wait for a while for it to settle before resuming the water supply. Hope they work🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Attachments

• IMG_6447.jpeg
    IMG_6447.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6442.png
    IMG_6442.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6444.jpeg
    IMG_6444.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 7
Agree lsx isn’t required it’s a pita

After several attempt to tightened the nut, there is still some weeping from the hot water pipe after shower. While it’s dry when water is not being used, I am wondering if the water is really coming from the pipe or from the top of the bath tub through the gap of the tap during the shower.

I want to know if weeping is more to happen when water is using, than when it’s closed, if the nut is not super tightened.

Any other mean to solve it if the nut couldn’t be tightened any more? I’ve tried my best with my single hand, which is the most I could do through that narrow gap under the bath tub

Will leak more when the taps are off so if it’s not leaking then install a bead of clear silicon around the taps then after it’s dry retest

Reply to About the diameter of a 22mm pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock