Discuss A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, has you plumber in cylinder/boiler? could a blow off/discharge pipe be dripping?. ive seen new pressure relief valves drip.

Hi, has you plumber in cylinder/boiler? could a blow off/discharge pipe be dripping?. ive seen new pressure relief valves drip.

Oh, come on,read the whole thread, please

You may have seen pressure relief valves drip, but this isnt happening here

Hah, you lazy bugger, I posted that all earlier, just a cold tap in the bath, cold tap in the HB and the WC (which is isolated and dry)

From valve no 3, there are 2 elbows, soldered, 1 pulled bend, 1 straight pushfit connector, 1 T which goes off to the bath, the T then goes off to the HB, then finishes with a soldered elbow to the WC which has an isolation valve on it, which is off

EVERY joint has tissue round it, which when I left on Saturday was dry

I have to leave the water on, a bloke is living in the Granny flat

I'm a lazy bugger am I?
I'm just trying to help you out
sort it out your self pxxxk
Soldered joints then pushfit did you put in continuity bonding where you broke line with plastic and I'm lazy muppet

I'm a lazy bugger am I?
I'm just trying to help you out
sort it out your self pxxxk
Soldered joints then pushfit did you put in continuity bonding where you broke line with plastic and I'm lazy muppet

Yes, if you had read the thread from the start, you would have seen where the leak is supposed to be (the pipe JUST feeding the bathroom) the reason a push fit was used, was the pipe was near a timber joist and I didnt want it catching fire (I got a limited amount of space under the floor

No I havent put in bonding yet, I will do that when the leak is sorted, what is the point in putting on bonding if the pipe has to be changed ?

If I could sort it myself, I wouldnt be asking in here would I ?

I been a plumber for 40 years and have never had this before, has anyone else ?

I was calling you lazy in jest (I couldnt find a smiley face) sorry if you took offense

Derrick, does the customer know the problems your having? If not and your sure you cant find a leak then best just finish up and go. Although thats easier said than done. I would say your best bet is to do what has already been suggested and pressure test your section of pipe after valve 3. Try and get a good nights kip without thinking about it to much and let us know the outcome tomorrow.

Derrick, does the customer know the problems your having? If not and your sure you cant find a leak then best just finish up and go. Although thats easier said than done. I would say your best bet is to do what has already been suggested and pressure test your section of pipe after valve 3. Try and get a good nights kip without thinking about it to much and let us know the outcome tomorrow.

Oh, he knows, by god does he know, but his reply is, I want it sorted,

I'm on a price plus parts, so makes no difference to him how long I'm there, I cant finish off, I have to connect the kitchen up, then try and get paid (cant see him doing that if the meter is still going round)

So until tomorrow, when I get the gauge and test the pipe that the suspect leak is on, there is buggerall I can do

Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions, they really have been appreciated, if I have ruffled anyone up the wrong way, I apologise, no offense was intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock