Currently reading:
A rare moment

Discuss A rare moment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Its not often I have a bout of confidence, and when I do its very short lived. But I did another boiler install today, my 3rd gas boiler... Had to run a vertical flue up through the ceiling and 90 to an outside wall. Took off a Baxi and fitted a Worcester greenstar 24i system boiler.

I know it's not perfect but my firm doesn't want perfection, it wants quantity. So we don't flush, we just take off an old boiler and stick in a new one.

But a year ago, the job I did today I would have pooh'd my pants and run away. I've only been a plumber for a year and eight months and gas safe for a year and I feel like I've come a really long way from the beginning.

I've halfway been diagnosed with a personality disorder and suffer with anxiety quite bad, but I've stuck with it, through the good and bad and have fought against my mental health issues and so far I'm winning, some days I don't but that's life, it is what it is.

Its very weird, but knowing I can turn to you lot if I'm really in a jam, or when I just want to vent, or ask questions and not fear ridicule or judgement has actually seen me through a lot of crap times.

So to everyone I've spoken to on here, a massive thank you!!

(Yes I've been on the vino and now I'm getting all soppy but hey, I don't give a pooh!)

Old boiler:
f2905b5c56286fbcfc299efc474d74f2.jpg

New boiler:
121052db7fb2613ba40c6506aab666e8.jpg

I really enjoyed this install today :)

Cheers everyone :)

took me 2 hours to get an offset vertical flue set up correctly recently, I got so fit nippng up and down that bleedin ladder to grind off another slither of flue!!!! :)

Must send a note to Croppie on tips on how to lose weight, tip one install domestic vertical flues.
tip two, stop eating ....

took me 2 hours to get an offset vertical flue set up correctly recently, I got so fit nippng up and down that bleedin ladder to grind off another slither of flue!!!! :)

I know you are going to hate me but ................

Measure twice, cut once comes to mind. :biggrin:

(off to find the tin hat now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A rare moment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back