Discuss A few tech questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lozza3k

Hi all just a few quick questions as Iv not done much servicing for a long while but new contract is only servicing s just need a few things clearing up

1 - compartment with rs boiler that requires vents for cooling ie old flamingo but has none or undersized. NCS/AR or ID

2 - no access to upstairs flat to check flues in loft? What category?

I had loads of questions in my head before posting now they have all gone lol

Cheers

1 - NCS unless signs of distress from the heat, then it which case it will be AR

2 - AR as you are unable to inspect the flue entirely

If no vent at all on a vented appliance then it's ID, if undersized then can be downgraded to AR depending on the percentage under.

As for the flue passing through another property and unable to check its AR along as FGA readings are ok

If no vent at all on a vented appliance then it's ID, if undersized then can be downgraded to AR depending on the percentage under.

As for the flue passing through another property and unable to check its AR along as FGA readings are ok
Sorry didn't realise you said rs appliance, I'd go with mfgs on the vent one now

Cheers guys that's great help. Do you get many people being funny with you when you ask to inspect flues/ loft when your not even working in there flat?

Cheers guys that's great help. Do you get many people being funny with you when you ask to inspect flues/ loft when your not even working in there flat?

Im subbing to a council at the moment and get no end of grief and half the time the flat you need aren't in, so I just at risk them as long as the FGA readings are ok and the flue looks ok from what I can see.

open flued appliance without vents is AR, going by the unsafe situations guide, if its not spilling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A few tech questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
Hi, Found some great answers here but first time posting, go easy on me please 😋. Looking to fit a salamander rp50tu shower pump to a gravity...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock