Search the forum,

Discuss 8mm pipe to rad valves on a tight bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
in my 1980 built house the rads are on a 15mm system reduced to 8mm into the valves by running the pipe behind the rad they down and returned into the valve. It is very neatly done and i have fitted a couple more rads and want to replicate the same finish BUT....
i cannot for the life of me get the 8mm to do a 180 degree bend with about a 30 or 40mm dia curve?
It acually looks like the kind of piece that is maybe machine bent and a bought from a merchant as on every rad they are perfect.
Help please on what i am missing.....
Andy

This
ef.jpg

This
comp.jpg

or this
bender.jpg

Yeah, i have tried the bender and it creases when i try i tight bend. The comp fittings are just to clumsy and the ef fitting woule work but i wondered how fitters 30 years ago managed the bend cleanly when i can't these days.
Thanks for the feedback

Thicker walled pipe 30 yrs ago less prone to creasing, but probably preformed bought off the shelf as you say
Can you use a machine bend 90 with an end feed 90?

My dad used to use springs that went over the pipe don't no if that would get you a better bend?

ozzy - We still use internal and external springs - (22mm hurts our backs !) we also use
full bore & microbore benders and swaging tools - 15/22 - wipe lead and make lead
snowboxes complete with motifs. We also have 'chain dogs'

maybe the part you want is at BES Birmingham CHK

My dad used to use springs that went over the pipe don't no if that would get you a better bend?

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably would do imperial sizes.
I can't remember what make mine is but rothenberg still sold them a few years back as one of the lads had a rothenberg one. The ratchet bender is a much better tool.
A brake pipe flaring tool might be what you are after for swedging the ends out.

They have been done on a bender

Hell Tamz I would like to see that former, that is tight, doubt you could do that with today's tube, like you say looks like
a bender done that.

you can get valves with chrome m/f push fit bends to go in the bottom which give a nice finish for this situation

Hell Tamz I would like to see that former, that is tight, doubt you could do that with today's tube, like you say looks like
a bender done that.

A wee touch with the blow lamp and you could still do it with a spring. It would take longer to clean the pipe up tho :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8mm pipe to rad valves on a tight bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock