Discuss 8 male and 10 male tale pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe brown

how can you tell if your pipes ten male or 8 male, i have a mono mixer and need to get flexi pipes for it but they come in 8 male and ten male, what does this mean, anny advice greatful, cheers in advance

10 Millimetre or 8 Millimetre thread size. It's Mil for short, not male. And 10 is bigger than 8. If you get both sizes from a merchants, they should let you take the unused ones back.

of course you can come across m12 threads too.

take the tap down the merchants!

Buy both. They're a few quid per pair (online) and you'll use the other one before long. It's best to have both on you, mostly it seems to be 8 though. They go down quicker in my flexi bag.

in the uk its normally m10 for basin and m12 for sink. Like watertight has said its always best to have diffrent sizes on the van, saves a trip to the merchant.

yeah actually i meant 10 goes down quicker. i was thinking i keep 10's and 8's cos that's what he mentioned. i actually keep 12's and 10's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8 male and 10 male tale pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock