Discuss 3rd floor bathroom connection to water feed and low pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all,

To outline the scene, we have fitted a new bathroom( bath & basin) on the 3rd floor of a house and ran the plumbing across the landing to the loft of the two storey extension, where the tanks are located above the hot water cylinder. However obviously the water flow will be terrible due to the short tank head height and the poor incoming mains pressure.There are feeds that are currently capped that fed the old shower which was removed from the second floor bathroom. These feeds at a later date were intended to be used to feed a new walk in power shower in the new second floor bathroom. Due to the poor flow it has been advised to fit a universal or negative head water pump as there won't be enough flow to trigger a positive head pump. The pump to be fitted at the 2nd floor loft fed from the capped shower feeds, but would we then be able to t off from these feeds prior to the pump to go to the power shower on the second floor? Or is there an alternative soloution?

if you have a 3rd floor, stick tanks in the roof over the 3rd floor, all problems will be resolved, no need for pumps... whole house pumps and power shower pumps arent a good idea either, they wont work together

The 3rd floor ceiling runs into the roof space with no room to even crawl up into it. That was one of the first options we considered. We agreed to fit the bathroom at cost for an elder single lady prior to discovering the poor water pressure and issues of not being able to move the feed tank. Now we are at the stage where they aren't willing to pay the material costs until the bathroom is fed with water. A favour biting you in the bum!

won't be doing that sort of quote again then.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3rd floor bathroom connection to water feed and low pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock