Discuss 2nd pump or bigger pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phillmyglass

This is my 1st post on here so hope I'm not asking things that have been asked a thousand time before. Here goes.
I am wanting to beef up the shower in the main bathroom, it's a gravity fed system to that one and has a small pump fitted to the en-suite shower, running off 15mm feeds. I am wanting both showers to be pump fed with the possability of using both at the same time?
Should I fit another small pump (the shower needs 2 bar min) on independant feeds, or fit a bigger pump and swap the 15mm feeds to 22mm? The bigger pump would use less space than 2 small ones.
Will the small cold tank in the loft be big enough to run 2 showers at once?
Can you recomend pump sizes that will do the job?

how small are we talking about for the loft tank? i would get a larger pump that runs on 22mm pipes

you have to remember that the loft tank feeds the hot cylinder as well as the cold to the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also bear in mind your hot storage might not be adequate to feed two pumped showers for more than a few minutes.

The tank is about a foot by about 18 inches, I think it's a standard small one ( like the central heating header tank size). I am not sure but think that one only feeds the en-suite shower. Thanks.

you really need a bigger tank than that to feed a shower to be honest. 4 gallons is too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2nd pump or bigger pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock