Search the forum,

Discuss 2015 Williams State Of The Trade Survey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I've tried looking for this on the search but can't find it using the obvious keywords. Does anyone have a link to it please? Thinking of upping my hourly rates but wanted to look at it first.

Cheers,

Keiran.

Ray, I take it those hourly rates don't include the first hour on a job which is normally charged at a higher rate to cover travel time etc? If so I need to raise our prices I think!

Ray, I take it those hourly rates don't include the first hour on a job which is normally charged at a higher rate to cover travel time etc? If so I need to raise our prices I think!

You are correct

We ask a separate question about call-out charges/minimum charges, but working practices are so varied that its not feasible to make a useful comparison. We do have the data, but it defies meaningful analysis.

Brill. We charge ÂŁ30 plus VAT after the first hour for plumbing/electrical work. That rate is looking keen now we are moving into premises next month. I am going to try a jump to ÂŁ40 for plumbing/electrical work and ÂŁ45 for gas work.

Unless the rates include VAT in which case I had best not try that!

Last edited:
Are the rates inclusive or exclusive of VAT Ray? Sorry for the 100 questions!

Are the rates inclusive or exclusive of VAT Ray? Sorry for the 100 questions!

Its the rate that the customer pays. That may or may not include VAT depending on whether the respondent is registered. If the respondent states "ÂŁ40 + VAT" we would record that as ÂŁ48. If they don't mention VAT, then we just record the figure that they give us.

Brill, so ÂŁ48 an hour for plumbing puts me the 2nd from top fifth of the market. Happy enough with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2015 Williams State Of The Trade Survey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Newbie so please bear with. We are selling our old house - built 1880. The purchaser has shared their survey report which states that the pipe work in the loft is of DIY standard. This was done before we bought house 10 years ago, and everything works fine but obviously I have to try and...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not doing the job but he wants to know what to buy and replace it himself and asked me where to get one. I said I'd have a mooch. He sent this picture. I...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm in the process of buying the fittings for my new bathroom and I'm trying to find a combo toilet/ vanity unit. The one i'm looking for is the darky navy one the second image on the gallery on mabathrooms .co.uk . I spoke to the guy who owns ma bathrooms and he said that the customer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock