Search the forum,

Discuss 2015 answer for the 2013 question on CRM's like Commusoft, Gas Checker, Gas Safe Eng in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchie79

Gas Engineer
bout ye boyos. . . . . and girlies if any

i gotta problem!

last time i had problem, you boyos (and girlies) were very helpful in providing advice and opinions on how to sort the problem.

i have since taken the advice and now wear my favourite dress to work, painted my van pink, wear a wig and high heels and am generally much much happier. thanks for all your previous support :rolleyes2:

so all seriousness aside, I think I need a CRM. I've typed it in here and anyone else who dared to ask about such organisational matters seemed to get a shed load of abuse (iiplumber even spat his proverbial dummy out in 2013 - the big Jessie) wee joke croppie, don't buck me out again

so before i get the "pen and pencil never did me no harm" abuse and "you young guys in your clean uniforms and shiny vans "(that made me really laugh for quite some time) - lets just assume that I too have used pen and pencil - for quite some time. And in some corners of the world I would be deemed a master of it (i start at the bottom right back page of my diary and work backwards - I'm that good).

so here is my question:

does anyone have any (sensible) advice on CRM's

I employ 6 people and have recently got a contract to do 130 gas checks a week plus the 3 gas conversions I was already doing. I need the 3 engineers who are onsite doing the checks to be sending the cert's to our office where i will have someone backing them up and forwarding them on to paying landlord.

Commusoft looks to be the best - but it's 25+vat per engineer per month. Nat cheep me thinks

Gas Safe Engineer has an app that produces and sends certs for £80 per year per business (5 or less users) - cheep cheep cheep. But maybe too cheap?!?!?!?? this has me confused.

guy from commusoft says his is real deal, good software, comprehensive etc etc

guy from gas safe engineer says his does what it needs to do and you can get outlook/ google cloud to do all the rest of the stuff for free

any thoughts????

all yours lovingly

Dutchette

Re: 2015 answer for the 2013 question on CRM's like Commusoft, Gas Checker, Gas Safe

Don't remember you upsetting me Paulie.

We use Easygas. But I think I would rather have gone with gas checker.

Re: 2015 answer for the 2013 question on CRM's like Commusoft, Gas Checker, Gas Safe

:tank:

think it was a minor misdemeanor Croppie - wholly inappropriate bad language!!! So I just got run over by the tank once.

I just checked GasChecker and they are doing a free months trial (for £9.95 :bulb2:)

I'll give it a bash and see what way it works out.

Gas checker for me. Great app but more importantly the system support is second to none. Dan who designed it, I believe, used to be a regular on here so knows the plumbing and heating game pretty well.

Last edited:

I found Commusoft to be clunky and not very user friendly. Also arrogant - it's their way or the highway. It's been designed to interface with accounting back ends like Sage and the gas certs and calendar management is a bit of a bolt-on, not designed from the ground up.

I use Gas Engineer Software. It's a bit rough and ready but it does everything you need. Tried Gas Checker and it seems to be somewhere between the two. I decided not to use it because it reformatted my logo and company details with no way of customising it.

To my mind, software should work to the company's standards, not force them to comply to the software designer's ideas of how things should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2015 answer for the 2013 question on CRM's like Commusoft, Gas Checker, Gas Safe Eng in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock