Search the forum,

Discuss 2 weeks of hell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've just completed a full oil heating system for the most fussy, hole picking, paranoid, ignorant custard I have ever had the misfortune of working for; 2 weeks of hell glad its over and done with!

My favourite quotes of the past 2 weeks

Each morning I had ''I'am concerned'' followed some retarded **** ( listed below not in order )
I was expecting the apollo tank gauge to provide a litres reading so I could compare readings with the oil delivery slip to make sure they delivered the right amount. :veryangry2:

You have notched the joists to much.

I wasn't aware the boiler would be running when the heating was on :stuart:

I though the pipes under the floor boards would be 15mm

The water coming out the hot tap is slightly cloudy does this indicate a problem? (sunday morning @ 10am)

I read on the internet 10mm pipe only carries 4.7 kws why are you using it?

I read on the internet ''Insert ****ing ridiculous comment''

Are you going to screw the external oil boiler to the floor (NO IT ****ING WEIGHS NOT FAR OFF
QUARTER OF A TON WHEN FULL OF H20 YOU TOSSER)

You can hear the water running through the rad valves.

Are the rads closest to the boiler going to take all the heat?

You were ''X'' amount cheaper than the other guy

Your doing a cheap job because you doing 10mm drops in trunking.

The TRV's aren't 100% accurate

I knew I had got a ''wrong un'' when he said 'I'am an ''engineer'' :90:

I've just completed a full oil heating system for the most fussy, hole picking, paranoid, ignorant custard I have ever had the misfortune of working for; 2 weeks of hell glad its over and done with!

My favourite quotes of the past 2 weeks

Each morning I had ''I'am concerned'' followed some retarded **** ( listed below not in order )
I was expecting the apollo tank gauge to provide a litres reading so I could compare readings with the oil delivery slip to make sure they delivered the right amount. :veryangry2:

You have notched the joists to much.

I wasn't aware the boiler would be running when the heating was on :stuart:

I though the pipes under the floor boards would be 15mm

The water coming out the hot tap is slightly cloudy does this indicate a problem? (sunday morning @ 10am)

I read on the internet 10mm pipe only carries 4.7 kws why are you using it?

I read on the internet ''Insert ****ing ridiculous comment''

Are you going to screw the external oil boiler to the floor (NO IT ****ING WEIGHS NOT FAR OFF
QUARTER OF A TON WHEN FULL OF H20 YOU TOSSER)

You can hear the water running through the rad valves.

Are the rads closest to the boiler going to take all the heat?

You were ''X'' amount cheaper than the other guy

Your doing a cheap job because you doing 10mm drops in trunking.

The TRV's aren't 100% accurate

I knew I had got a ''wrong un'' when he said 'I'am an ''engineer'' :90:

I need therapy after that

if its a new system why did you choose 10mm over 15mm?

I like the 'you've notched the joists too much'

At that point I laughed out loud.

You've cheered me up!

Im also concerned that you were ''X'' amount cheaper than the other guy.
I hope you were paid a handsome amount. Im glad I no longer work - I mean, no longer do jobs that last over a day or two

I've never had a problem with 10mm copper, I have found people dislike 15 mm drops as the trunking is more bulky.

fair enough but trunking is trunking :D

Once you start on a large job, (like a full heating system) in a private house, then the customer has control. They have you trapped and doing anything to get your money.
Been there, done it and don't want to do it again with strangers.

nothing wrong with 10mm if you can work it correctly,looks neat and works well

Once you start on a large job, (like a full heating system) in a private house, then the customer has control. They have you trapped and doing anything to get your money.
Been there, done it and don't want to do it again with strangers.

so right there mate, I really did feel trapped, I like jobs through existing client referrals; as good customers usually have good friends.

got a call today from an engineer moving into his new house. He wanted a combi in an area of low water pressure and flow, but he also is putting in 7 bathrooms, which he said another plumber said would be ok. I told him none of it would work and why, kept getting more questions and rebuttals, so evenyually advised him to go back to the other lad to get the work done :)

10 minutes later another call from a customer wanting 8 rads added to his AGA, as its already got one on the HW system, started to explain why you cant but gave up when he said some one else told him you could!!! Advised him to go back to the expert :):):)

Has he called you back yet? Everytime the phone rings your heart will sink you'll say "oh god" and nervously look whos calling....not that number please not that number oh god!!

Has he called you back yet? Everytime the phone rings your heart will sink you'll say "oh god" and nervously look whos calling....not that number please not that number oh god!!
Ha. i had that last Saturday evening and me and the good lady were out for the evening. Customer rang me demanding why her hot water wasn't coming out of taps. I only changed a toilet on said house on Thursday. I answered to that one with charmful words.

Unbelievable lol.
I had one fitted a boiler in kitchen and she said when i finished her bathroom wc was dripping lol.

Is it just me or does plumbing seem to completely baffle engineers?

Is it just me or does plumbing seem to completely baffle engineers?

Reckon much like plumbing and plumbers there`s engineers, and there are engineers, thing is some of us know their limits. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 weeks of hell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock