Search the forum,

Discuss 17th edition/part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mugsy

Hi just woundering which as more qualifications 17 edition or part p or which is more suited to wiring of power showers and heating controls in domestic and commercial.

If you do the 17th Ed, you don't need Part P. Having the 17th Ed defines you as competent under Part P.

why do you feel you need it?
power shower of low volts or spur, controls of existing feed. or is this new build stuff??

but you still have to notify the install, all you need is the defined scope of part P which was supposed to be for people like plumbers / heating engineers etc you need to carry out electrical works in connection with there main works. You will learn more doing this type of course than a 17th which is aimed a sparks. (although that is debatable).
To be honest I would not do anything just yet there is a review of Part P taking place as it is clearly not working in its present form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 17th edition/part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering if anybody can help looking for a replacement part for my Grohe shower controls here is a picture of what i have but can't seem to find this part anywhere, any help would be fantastic, thank you..
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an Ideal vogue 6years ago so it's generation 1 vogue c32, I also fitted a RF wireless controller (prt4) The reciever part plugs directly onto the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock