Search the forum,

Discuss 17th edition/part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mugsy

Hi just woundering which as more qualifications 17 edition or part p or which is more suited to wiring of power showers and heating controls in domestic and commercial.

If you do the 17th Ed, you don't need Part P. Having the 17th Ed defines you as competent under Part P.

why do you feel you need it?
power shower of low volts or spur, controls of existing feed. or is this new build stuff??

but you still have to notify the install, all you need is the defined scope of part P which was supposed to be for people like plumbers / heating engineers etc you need to carry out electrical works in connection with there main works. You will learn more doing this type of course than a 17th which is aimed a sparks. (although that is debatable).
To be honest I would not do anything just yet there is a review of Part P taking place as it is clearly not working in its present form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 17th edition/part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock