Discuss Riello burner reuse.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We changed our Grant oil combi a while back and I kept the good working burner unit.
I now happen to be in need of a workshop heater.. See where I'm going with this?
Can I re purpose the Riello for use as a workshop heater using it like a space heater?
Love to hear some ideas.
Cheers.

Not by itself, no!
You need to have a warm air unit, or just a boiler doing rads so to use the burner with. Would need to be installed to new regs.
Maybe stating the obvious, but workshops and garages are risky to have anything that could ignite. Petrol, paints, sawdust, etc.

As Best said not by itself! Any burner burning fuel needs to have adequate flue to vent products of combustion to outside. Although the burner itself may be functional, to heat this space needs to be done properly and comply with regs. Oil storage, supply and appliance must all comply.

Thanks for useful answers, I was about to buy a kerosene space heater off Amazon, and looking inside these are very crude!
I thought a quality item like the Riello burner may be reusable in a similar way, maybe not?

Not by itself, no!
You need to have a warm air unit, or just a boiler doing rads so to use the burner with. Would need to be installed to new regs.
Maybe stating the obvious, but workshops and garages are risky to have anything that could ignite. Petrol, paints, sawdust, etc.

Yep, I wasn't thinking of just opening it up like a flame thrower in my garage!
That would warm it a little too much!

Not by itself, no!
I'm not looking for a fixed installation, something portable like a space heater.

Even the electrical space heaters (those with a large element clearly visible) I think are dangerous in a garage/workshop as could ignite something and I know my own garage has raw petrol fumes at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello burner reuse.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back