Search the forum,

Discuss 105he fan flue fault...but how??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danny boy

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help me, i have spent the last couple of hours wrestling with a 105he...here is the tale. I got asked to go look at the boiler and when i got there the boiler standby light was on, when i called for heat the correct calling light came on then after 10 secs a fault light came on saying pump problem(when calling the lights came on bot nothing operated in the boiler). Tested the pump whiched was goosed so changed that, called for heat, fan started, pump ran but no ignition. Tested the fan and had 240v when running and correct resistance when off so i hurridly came to the conclusion its the APS. Changed it, still no joy. Took the fan apart, and cleaned out the venturi and air blasted the main flue, still no joy. I then took the black tube (Black and clear tubes connecting APS to fan) and boiler fired up...hey presto! Re connected the black tube and back to square one.

Got me a bit confused, anyone had this before???

Not on this boiler but I'd be checking the venturi to see what pressure difference is produced ... 'u' gauge connected to both pipes yeh?

Flue was totaly clear and aps was like for like,,what should the differnce be steve?

If only I knew Danny Boy :) It might be printed on the side of the aps though ... I'd be looking for something over 1mbar! If I was at home I could quickly find out but not there :) Maybe someone here knows, or knows where to find out?

If only I knew Danny Boy :) It might be printed on the side of the aps though ... I'd be looking for something over 1mbar! If I was at home I could quickly find out but not there :) Maybe someone here knows, or knows where to find out?

i only have the adjustable type in stock at the mo so thats no help

one thing worth checking follow the fan aps loom to the pcb i have had the pins come out on the jackplug at the pcb

danny boy .... The baxi aps is 1.2-6mbar .... the 105HE I have here at home does 4.5mbar hope that helps:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 105he fan flue fault...but how??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock