Discuss Youth of Today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Bloody hell, I sound like me father!

Oldest son been on the phone today, he block paves for a living, been short on bodies so decided to give a young lad (19) a go. The lad doesn't have the best of pasts but he wanted to give him a chance.
Turned up at about 6.00 am yesterday to pick him up and here he is sat on the wall drinking a can of carling. My son explains that he can't take him in that state.
Now for me I wouldn't have give hima a chance in the first place and that would definitely have been it, but he told him to be ready same time this morning, no drink.
So turns up 6.00am this morning and surprise surprise no sign of him. The lads girlfriend phones him later in the morning to explain he hadn't been there because he got locked up. My son says fine, but that's it, she says to him 'well what a #### you are, you haven't even given him a chance'.

I know you can't tar everybody with the same brush but enough said! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the same as you, after seeing him with a can of carling on 6am on his supposed first day at work I would have called an end to it there and then. Anyone that thinks that is acceptable, isnt the sort of person I want to be working with.

no point in tarring us all with the same brush, the guys only a couple of years younger than me and i was never late or never took days off unless i injured myself or was on holiday. So not all us youngsters are useless !! :tongue3: I took my mate out one day as I needed an extra pair of hands and I said right I'll be at yours at 7.30 be ready, had to actually wake him up out his bed and then he decided to come out in a celtic top, after explaining that hes not coming to work with me in a celtic top because you never know what team customers support and its just not right, he had to change it.

Getting him out on another job though as he owes me money so gonna make him pay off his debt with hard graft:devilish:

no point in tarring us all with the same brush, the guys only a couple of years younger than me and i was never late or never took days off unless i injured myself or was on holiday. So not all us youngsters are useless !! :tongue3: I took my mate out one day as I needed an extra pair of hands and I said right I'll be at yours at 7.30 be ready, had to actually wake him up out his bed and then he decided to come out in a celtic top, after explaining that hes not coming to work with me in a celtic top because you never know what team customers support and its just not right, he had to change it.

Getting him out on another job though as he owes me money so gonna make him pay off his debt with hard graft:devilish:

Maybe you should take the celtic top with you just in case he doesn't work hard enough! :) :) :)

Bloody hell, I sound like me father!Oldest son been on the phone today, he block paves for a living, been short on bodies so decided to give a young lad (19) a go. The lad doesn't have the best of pasts but he wanted to give him a chance. Turned up at about 6.00 am yesterday to pick him up and here he is sat on the wall drinking a can of carling. My son explains that he can't take him in that state.Now for me I wouldn't have give hima a chance in the first place and that would definitely have been it, but he told him to be ready same time this morning, no drink.So turns up 6.00am this morning and surprise surprise no sign of him. The lads girlfriend phones him later in the morning to explain he hadn't been there because he got locked up. My son says fine, but that's it, she says to him 'well what a #### you are, you haven't even given him a chance'.I know you can't tar everybody with the same brush but enough said! :)
I think it was very pro-active of him to bring his own refreshments!Lol lol lol lol

i would rather have the guy with the lager than the guy with the celtic top

I employed a 19 year old lad once. He was a useless feck.

He played semi proffesional football, and thought it would be cool to spit his chewing gum out and volley it through the bathroom window.

Not cool it landed next to my client in the garden who was laying on a rug with her toddler. She just shot me a look....and anyway that was it. He was gone.

As for your bloke, sitting there with a can of lager in the morning....what an idiot. What did he think you'd say!??

As for your bloke, sitting there with a can of lager in the morning....what an idiot. What did he think you'd say!??

He wasn't going to be working for me, it was somebody my oldest son was giving a chance. If it had been me i wouldn't have even stopped the van, I would have just drove straight past and waited for him to phone.

I think there are generally two types of youths, grafters and layabouts.

I've got two friends (and happy with the two) both the same age 26, I had a bathroom to install and needed a spare pair hands, one of my mates has a degree in law and has a good job in London. The other has never really worked, last job was picking up rubbish at mcdonalds.

Offered the job to the unemployed one, how much does it pay etc what have I got to do. Basically help me lift a bath and fetch carry etc, nothing but negative vibes. I explained that I had to park a good distance away etc and I was getting the sob story about his bad back.

Spoke to my lawyer mate, 'not a problem, I've got next week off on holiday, never know, I might learn something'

I think its upbringing to a degree but not all the time.

Flipping heck,it was only carling,had stronger tea at local cafe,not like it was special brew or sumtin,it maybe early for you lot but was late for him ,just finished clubbing,like....an old bloke at the bus stop,just joshing,its easy to pick fault init,you bro's just wana chill and hang,next morning was down to police huddie harassment dudes,ma chick knows the scene

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Youth of Today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock