Discuss Youth of Today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for your bloke, sitting there with a can of lager in the morning....what an idiot. What did he think you'd say!??

He wasn't going to be working for me, it was somebody my oldest son was giving a chance. If it had been me i wouldn't have even stopped the van, I would have just drove straight past and waited for him to phone.

I think there are generally two types of youths, grafters and layabouts.

I've got two friends (and happy with the two) both the same age 26, I had a bathroom to install and needed a spare pair hands, one of my mates has a degree in law and has a good job in London. The other has never really worked, last job was picking up rubbish at mcdonalds.

Offered the job to the unemployed one, how much does it pay etc what have I got to do. Basically help me lift a bath and fetch carry etc, nothing but negative vibes. I explained that I had to park a good distance away etc and I was getting the sob story about his bad back.

Spoke to my lawyer mate, 'not a problem, I've got next week off on holiday, never know, I might learn something'

I think its upbringing to a degree but not all the time.

Flipping heck,it was only carling,had stronger tea at local cafe,not like it was special brew or sumtin,it maybe early for you lot but was late for him ,just finished clubbing,like....an old bloke at the bus stop,just joshing,its easy to pick fault init,you bro's just wana chill and hang,next morning was down to police huddie harassment dudes,ma chick knows the scene

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Youth of Today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Current boiler Worcester Greenstar 30CDi installed Aug 2011. Started showing error EA. Initially a rest made it work again but last Thursday it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock