• Thread starter supper plumb
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 4K

Discuss Your views in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you got soft hands you big boy LOL
then thay need to make it that any GSR stuff needs to be only sold to GSR guys...
put sticks on the stuff to it needs ID. like booze cigs and dvds

Had my Rothenberger sets of grips and adjustables since the beginning of my apprenticeship and they're still like brand new. A squirt of WD40 and a scrub with a brass-bristled brush now and again keeps them looking and working great.

Very very very very happy with them. Don't bother with their bender though.

Also, Plumbfix have the right idea - I myself, as a member am not allowed to buy gas fittings from them because I'm not GSR'd.

Last edited:
Had my Rothenberger sets of grips and adjustables since the beginning of my apprenticeship and they're still like brand new. A squirt of WD40 and a scrub with a brass-bristled brush now and again keeps them looking and working great.

Very very very very happy with them. Don't bother with their bender though.
Why not keefy its points like this id like to put too there team

Why not keefy its points like this id like to put too there team

Because every bend on 15mm leaves an indentation close the bend caused by the hook making it impossible to get a fitting really close to said bend. I've tried filing down what I thought was causing it but to no avail, plus it appears to be a manufacturing fault as I'm not the only one who has complained about the same problem. I'd be happy with it if they just remade the hook thing - or whatever it's called.

pipe slices, waste pipe cutters, waste slices and hand held battery pump (drill shaped) all absolutely useless pipe benders are poorer than old records, prices are stupid for most products considering how cheap they are to make

Just whats wrong with routhenburger tools?

Im typing up a email to them after a reply from there team.
Id like to put your thoughts forward in a email. And hope to try and get them to see the problems of there tools and put it right

((I do not know what products you are referring to when you mentioned us ’putting our name to poorly made Chinese stuff’
this is not the case and the products that are sold in the sheds as you put it are for the DIY market and therefore fall into a different category
to Professional tools as is with most products available professionally and for DIY.))))

(this was a remark from them in a reply email sent to me)
I really hope this isnt the case as the (sheds) ie places like B&Q are selling routhenburger U gauges and gas test hose test nipples & other gas related tools!!!
As said Gas isnt a game or for DIY
Why ?

Because every bend on 15mm leaves an indentation close the bend caused by the hook making it impossible to get a fitting really close to said bend. I've tried filing down what I thought was causing it but to no avail, plus it appears to be a manufacturing fault as I'm not the only one who has complained about the same problem. I'd be happy with it if they just remade the hook thing - or whatever it's called.
thanks keefy keep them coming as im planning to send a email asap with all your problems
even if it dont get changed they will know of the problems.

thanks keefy keep them coming as im planning to send a email asap with all your problems
even if it dont get changed they will know of the problems.

Ask them why they don't make PTFE, I want Rothenberger PTFE.

Just whats wrong with routhenburger tools?

Im typing up a email to them after a reply from there team.
Id like to put your thoughts forward in a email. And hope to try and get them to see the problems of there tools and put it right

((I do not know what products you are referring to when you mentioned us ’putting our name to poorly made Chinese stuff’
this is not the case and the products that are sold in the sheds as you put it are for the DIY market and therefore fall into a different category
to Professional tools as is with most products available professionally and for DIY.))))

(this was a remark from them in a reply email sent to me)
I really hope this isnt the case as the (sheds) ie places like B&Q are selling routhenburger U gauges and gas test hose test nipples & other gas related tools!!!
As said Gas isnt a game or for DIY
Also who are routhenburger ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your views in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
You'll notice me messing around with forum categories a lot over the coming days/weeks. Anything you'd like to see? I want more DIY forums. But...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock