Search the forum,

Discuss Your views on tattoos and wether they affect your workload. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get tattoos, never been inclined to get myself permanently drawn on and don't think they look good on people.
I don't judge someone who has them most of the time.
There are exceptions though, I don't know if it's the same everywhere else, but about 10 years ago everyone round here on benefits started to get cheap badly drawn tattoos. They'd post them up on facebook.
I remember one really badly drawn foot on someones ankle, looked like a blind T-rex had drawn it, the poster put something like ''for my baby'' and it got a gazillion likes, she's gone on to have one on her neck of some really badly drawn pentagrams that get smaller from her shoulder to her jawline, that one has the caption ''For all the little stars, taken too soon'' What the actual eff??!
Back to the topic, I think tattoos might lose you work. If someone dislikes them and judges the person with them and they get 2 similar quotes where the other guy doesn't have drawings on him, then maybe you'll lose out. I don't think there's that many people like that though tbh.

Im starting to think that I can simply wear long sleeved tops when visiting customers for the first time and then once they see I'm a nice chap I can roll up the sleeves and crack on doing what I do. I fully agree that face and neck tats are probably a lot less acceptable however I've never fancied one of those areas done anyways. If all else fails I could always get it lasered off lmao

Without wanting to ruin my image as the forum tough nut I don't think I could handle the pain of a tattoo. I was nearly in tears when I stubbed my toe this morning.

my nephews ex-child bearing girlfriend has a tattoo of her own name on the back of her neck!!
wife goes on at home saying it looks ridiculous, i told her its so the next guy reading it remembers her name.lol

Without wanting to ruin my image as the forum tough nut I don't think I could handle the pain of a tattoo. I was nearly in tears when I stubbed my toe this morning.

That's it you've ruined my man crush.

Without wanting to ruin my image as the forum tough nut I don't think I could handle the pain of a tattoo.

Thanks for the real lol moment mate however I think you`ve had way too much Red Bull tonight!

I was going to slate you for this but it looks like the lads treat you with the same amount of respect. ...

How many free pens did you get today???

9. And a torch. And a bottle opener. And a ruler. And a scale rule. And a Vaillant note book. And a Vaillant thermos mug. And a calor gas woollie hat. And a FloGas baseball cap. And a Riello tee shirt. And a tec7 hi viz. And some Vaillant keyrings. And a tec7 bag. And a Vaillant bag.

I'm on a Viessmann course on Friday. I might just use the vaillant note pad and pen.

Then see what other freebies I can blag......

i dont have any, but if your offering i would have a sleeve done and some :)

however, its down to taste and what they are. for example, you would loose many jobs with a swasticker? on your forhead or diy hot needle work dipped in the school ink, wouldnt you?

i would also like to read this one evening, cover to cover. :yes:
View attachment 27274

I'l save you the trouble, you'll find 'Sean was here' all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your views on tattoos and wether they affect your workload. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock