Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heatslave 15/19 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kne11y

Hi
Anyone worked on the worcester heatslave 15/19

Been on a breakdown today the boiler had locked out due to the isolation valve being closed from the oil tank.
the burner to come on but it was supplying a very low heat and the rads stayed cold and the hot water was luke warm and the boiler would not fire up fully for any demand called for.
Worcerter say it takes up to one n half hrs to heat the tank before burner will light fully but 2 hrs in and still nothing but low heat from burner.
Any ideas greatfull
Neil

not sure where your coming fm but my simple understanding is that your burner is at its normal firing rate or off, no in between on a pressure jet boiler, sounds like your talking about a boiler locking out due to an air lock in the fuel line that needs bleeding or the filters cleaning. If fuel supply is ok you may have knackered fuel pump with blown seals / gears if the poor thing has been running dry. tested your pump pressure is at correct levels? have a read of these for some help Heatslave CF 15/19 Combi (discontinued December 2007) literature - Worcester, Bosch Group UK installer site

Hi
I checked fuel this was fine Worcester technical tell me the burner will operate on low to heat the water in the slave tank.This is what it is appering to do but wont do anything else..

What was the oil pressure when it was running?

These things are on or off.

seems theres a new pressure jet burner out there with a low/ high firing rate :) or someone is muddling gas and oil when chatting to WB techies

It certainly doesnt take an hour and a half to heat the store.

And a two stage burner would be bouncing back off the rear of the combustion chamber.

On oil as has been said the burner is on or off and that's it. If worcester are telling you that it fires up on low flame they are wrong. They are also wrong about it taking an hour and a half to heat the store I have found 30-40 minutes from stone cold is usually more than enough.

1) have you checked the pump pressure? What is it?

2) have you checked the baffles are all in there and correctly installed?

3) does the boiler run constantly for that 2 hours that you tried it or does it keep coming on and going off?

4) if you just try to heat the store is water circulating around the heating system?

I posted my question for some help and all I seem to get on here is peoples sarcasm and unhelpful comments i did wonder last time I posted a question why I thought don't bother again as most replies from people just seem to be having a rant and a sly dig.Won't bother again thanks gas engineers that replied I guess most of you are on Facebook also to have a good whinge.

Well if you know your oil, what the hell was the oil pressure?

If you want help then answer the question and get off your high horse.

I posted my question for some help and all I seem to get on here is peoples sarcasm and unhelpful comments i did wonder last time I posted a question why I thought don't bother again as most replies from people just seem to be having a rant and a sly dig.Won't bother again thanks gas engineers that replied I guess most of you are on Facebook also to have a good whinge.

Are you reading the same thread as the one I just did? Not one single person was having a dig at you, sly or otherwise. Each and every one was actually questioning the information we gave you.

You owe everyone an apology.

I genuinely wanted to have an outcome from this one as I was sure they had muddled a gas boiler with an oil one on the tech line, looks like we will never know.

Still on a happier front, I think Croppie looked great in his apron, well done that man, can I say that Bennie Hill would have made you a rich man in his sketches :):):)

The tennants wanted a gas combi fitting and were not wanting to throw any money at the boiler therefore it has now been removed and replaced with one.
Sorry but yes we will never know what the problem was
All I know of it was that when the burner was pulled out it had nothing more than a small flame like a pilot light size

so were we talking gas or oil on the failed boiler?

cant understand why the tenants would be checking money at a boiler either?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an oil boiler yes
And sorry the hone owners have just moved in and were only keeping the boiler until the oil ran and they only had a quarter of a tank left

Solenoid on oil pump passing. Allows a very tiny stream of oil for a few minutes after shut down.

Seen it before.

clever little bugger, now then allegorical? :)

how come bugger is ok but the following arent

****ed
arse
oh arse is :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester heatslave 15/19 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock