Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 25i using Comfort I RF programmer - can it use 3rd party roomstat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Click

The new thermostat is wireless, receiver wired as according to manual. Switching the roomstat above room temp, the receiver turns on, theres 240v on the switched live, but the boiler does nothing.
It displays (the programmer) A21 error which is related to the Comfort I RF not finding its own wireless thermostat.
This is not the old DT20RF, its should have something to disable its wireless mode and just function like a regular programmer.
Is this possible?
No other issues with the boiler, and everything is new. Perhaps removing the programmer altogether is the last option.

Re: Worcester Greenstar 25i using Comfort I RF programmer - can it use 3rd party room

I should mention that the Worcester Comfort I RF programmer/timer has been purchased initially with its own RF thermostat. However its gone missing during renovation. So were stuck with the Comfort RF timer that ignores the 3rd party thermostat and refuses to turn the CH on until it finds its own one. How to make it play ball and just behave like a normal programmer? The link between L and Lr has been removed, for regular thermostat installation, still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Worcester Greenstar 25i using Comfort I RF programmer - can it use 3rd party room

You will need a replacement Comfort room thermostat. Contact Worcester for the spare part number.

Thanks..but WB website in the faq section mentions that it works with wired thermostat. Will have another go today. If it wasnt mad expensive, wouldve bought the original stat again.
I think the Comfort just needs to have the wireless part deactivated from the menu somewhere, before a wired thermostat can work.

PS Im GSR, sent pm to gas man last night with details, please croppie dont close my thread.

It worked. Missed the part in the manual which lets you access the "Engineer" menu. Found it, unpaired it from its missing thermostat, A21 Fault cleared, and now works. So the Comfort I RF can be used as a regular Comfort I + whatever stat, if the original packs up for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 25i using Comfort I RF programmer - can it use 3rd party roomstat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock