Search the forum,

Discuss worcester bosh greenstar ri wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60rge

Gas Engineer
hey guys, just been to quote for a job to replace the wiring center/programmer along with fitting a new greenstar ri.

just researching the wiring as i only really fit combis

ive noticed i need to wire the pump direct to the boiler for the pump overun - got that bit

in the boiler we have a LNE in and a LNE out - whats the out for? >when there is no spur near the wiring center?

i have a spur available at the wiring center, does this mean i dont need to use the out as i can run LNE from the spur to the wiring center then to the boiler in section

not forgetting switch live from the wiring center to the boiler

let me know if this doesnt make sense

thanks

For an Ri you'll need a 5 core
Permanent live, neutral & earth, plus a pump live & switch live...
A lot of the Worcesters have live to wiring centre etc but you don't need to do it that way...

yes as gas safe said the boiler will require mains power

Mains power 230v connection fused 3 amp (ST1):
– Connect LIVE wire to terminal (L)
– Connect NEUTRAL wire to the terminal (N)
– Connect EARTH wire to earth bracket

External Pump (to pump)(ST2):
– Connect LIVE wire to terminal (Lp)
– Connect EARTH wire to earth bracket

Boiler Demand (ST2):
– Connect SWITCHED LIVE wire to terminal (LR)

and then wire it like normal in the wiring center minus the live for the pump as that will be coming from the boiler

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester bosh greenstar ri wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock