Discuss worcester bosch junior 28i, Mt10 Mech Time Switch, and thermostat woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silentsoul

Worcester Bosch Junior 28i
31-large.jpg

In October last year after the bitter winter, we decided on having central heating installed in our 2 bed roomed terraced house, the installation went well and they did great job. The boiler is situated in bathroom cupboard, where the old hot water tank used to be. It is controlled by Mt10 Mech Time Switch and a Drayton RTS Room Thermostat which is situated in the downstairs living room.

However over the past few months we have had some problems, the hw was working but no heating despite checking the pressure, condensate pipe, and resetting. There was no indication of fault from the boiler so we called out an the engineer and found that the (Drayton RTS Room Thermostat) had failed and needed to be replaced. With that said we have also noticed that the thermostat is not regulating the heating as it should ie: once the room temperature has been set usually 20' the heating fires up reaches the desired warmth but doesn't switch off and then back on when the room cools.
rts-new-1.JPG

Now to add to our misery we have a new problem, (Mt10 Mech Time Switch)
4 Jan - Put heating on about 9pm manually. Switched it off manually at 11.30pm because it never turned itself off via the thermostat on the wall.

5 Jan - got up at 7.40 to a cold house (heating should have come on at 7-8am). Noticed the clock on the boiler was saying "3.45" when it was 7.45am. Changed the clock to the right time and boiler came on.
Came home from work at 6.45pm - house felt cold so heating obviously didn't come on in the afternoon as set and it never came on at 7pm so I went up at 7.30pm noticed that the boiler clock was now showing "4.30" I changed it to 7.30 and the heating came on.
Checked boiler clock at 10.40pm and it's showing the correct time at the moment
RH0099700.jpg

The strange thing is that at no time does the boiler indicate that the fault lies within its own components as nothing is indicated via the blue light, So I ask what is going on? any help, advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester bosch junior 28i, Mt10 Mech Time Switch, and thermostat woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock