Discuss Worcester-Bosch 8000 repressure question (leak related) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Currently have a 11yr old Ideal Plus35 Combi in the loft of a 3 bed bungalow serving 6 rads + UFH in lounge/kitchen. Had problems with leaks and pressure drops to boilers resulting in new mains supply pipe plus digging up internal floors. Still have pressure loss of c. 0.5 bar over 2 weeks in winter.

Intending to replace the boiler with a Worcester Bosch Life System 8000 as the Ideal Plus is always breaking down. One question: is the 'auto repressure' on this boiler an option that can be turned off? The reason I ask is that I do not want to 'mask' the low pressure problem we have (if it is another leak in the system).

According to what I read, it is 99% likely that we still have a leak in the system pipes (as opposed to the boiler - which has been checked for leaks, PRV etc etc many times),

Any advice gratefully received, thanks!

No one else has commented yet so I will put this out there. I had a look at this particular units manual and I couldn’t see anything saying that it could be turned off but the manual did state to use it manually or automatically so I imagine it is possible. The manual also stated it will prevent frequent topping up if it detects abnormal pressure drops, like a leak.
I’m an oil burner technician by trade so really am not familiar with gas appliances. Hopefully someone has trained will be along short or after work. You could always contact Worcester yourself to find out for sure.

Yes just unplug the auto filling loop

It’s an optional kit so shouldn’t do if it does you should be able to disable them in the menu

Reply to Worcester-Bosch 8000 repressure question (leak related) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
I require to change a slow leaking TRV on the lounge radiator and have a replacement available but I am slightly mystified by the boiler readings...
Replies
Views
K
My Worcester boiler is losing pressure. It only happens after the boiler has been on and it loses approx 0.5 bar each time. The expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
I have a newly installed Worcester Bosch greenstar 30i combi boiler. When i have the downstairs hot tap fully open, the upstairs hot water bath...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock