Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassman

Gas Engineer
Is it just me or are these boilers a pain to service and repair.
Had to replace the PRV on a Junior greenstar 28i and it was a nightmare to replace. Even testing a GV the plugs are on the back so needed to be removed to check solenoids.
Does doing their training course help at all?
Would be good to here your opinions guys!

You can check the solenoids by the harness on the board... Newer valves have the solenoids on the front now!

as above and yes training days help alot

Apparently if you phone Worcester they will FaceTime you and show you how to replace the PRV without stripping everything out, anyone done this?

Nope. I have only changed a couple of these but each time I had to take the boiler off of the wall

Apparently if you phone Worcester they will FaceTime you and show you how to replace the PRV without stripping everything out, anyone done this?

I'd be intrigued with this as I have one to do that I've been putting off

If the pipes come up from the bottom and you can lift off the flue you can tilt the boiler forward slightly and rest it on the jig, then you can get to the PRV from the right hand side, to get off that clip with the hook on the end. But it is sometimes just easier to take the boiler off the wall to do the vessel and PRV. I have done so many of these I have lost count.. They've only just realised that putting the vessel inside the boiler is a better idea!

Public forum, don`t encourage them!

You can check the solenoids by the harness on the board... Newer valves have the solenoids on the front now!

Had to replace a gas valve on a Worcester combi the other day, easy I thought, rang worcester for part number and chap asks if solenoid are at rear or front and I said rear. Right then that's fitting a new gas valve, new support bracket and running two new gas pipes which are a proper nightmare to do. The gas valve comes with all the kit but what would be a 30 min job turned in to hour and half. Got a PCB to replace in another one and same thing, new PCB has different design so wiring harness had to be replaced too.

Is it just me or are these boilers a pain to service and repair.
Had to replace the PRV on a Junior greenstar 28i and it was a nightmare to replace. Even testing a GV the plugs are on the back so needed to be removed to check solenoids.
Does doing their training course help at all?
Would be good to here your opinions guys!

yes,and carpenters are all cocks this was a right pig to service Rubbish.jpg

they can be a pain to work on but servicing them is a piece of cake, i do loads fortunately most of them are still under warranty . you do need to have a day at worcester though

they can be a pain to work on but servicing them is a piece of cake, i do loads fortunately most of them are still under warranty . you do need to have a day at worcester though

I agree until you need to clean the hex. Got a 28i junior to do, pig of a job.

Servicing these is easy, need the heat exchanger service kit tho

Yeah. Don't think you really need the hook either.

The hook pulls the baffle out of the sump...

The Cdi service kit (rasp & seal) is a rip off too... I can now buy individual door seals etc tho & don't need to purchase the complete kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Got a Worcester green star 28i junior that was blowing off, replaced PRV now it won’t pressurise at all, just fills for a few minutes then blows out the PRV, heating and hot water still work if system not over filled. If bypass is shut boiler overheats and cuts out, thinking it’s the heat...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock