Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but the light flickered in house. Attached a video any ideas before I start calling people and the dreaded it might be this etc and getting into a whole world of paying out for maybes thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7740.mov
    2.4 MB
  • IMG_7744.mov
    1.9 MB

Reply to Worcester boiler noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 34cdi boiler and it has started making a droning noise when it comes up to temperature or cycles. The sequence appears to be: -Fan speeds up (purging?) -Sparks, then lights (flame icon showing on display) -Fan slows down -Droning noise (like Jaws is coming, Daa-Daa...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock