Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Willis imersion heater in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Larry B

Willis heater heats for 5mins and stops gate valve on cold feed between cylinder and immersion discuss options

The temperature rise through the Willis immersion is dependent on the circulating flow rate due to convection and pipe resistance, if got just right then you can have hot water almost immediately in the top of the cylinder but if circulation too high then the water might only be tepid, if flow rate too low, the immersion stat will keep cutting it out.
I would suggest ensuring gate valve fully open and see/feel immersion outlet temperature and see how long the immersion runs for, you can then throttle the valve to give a suitable temperature rise and almost continuous heating until a full cylinder of hot water. post a photo of yours as these are often installed upside down. You should get ~ 6/8 litres of hot water after 5 minutes or so from a 3kw immersion.

Reply to Willis imersion heater in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock