Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Williams Trade Only Plumbing site down for maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

Our website will be down for a few hours this afternoon (29/1/2016), whilst the techies fiddle with some stuff that I don't fully understand.

We hope to have it back up later today, but in the meantime, please contact your local branch, or our central sales office on 01329 226501.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Ray

Raymundo , I ordered a RM slimline unvented last night and noticed if you select by manufacturer , the slimlines do not come up but do on the general unvented page.
I priced a job about 3 months ago on a slimline , went to order it last night and nearly had a heart atack because I thought you had stopped selling them .

Raymundo , I ordered a RM slimline unvented last night and noticed if you select by manufacturer , the slimlines do not come up but do on the general unvented page.
I priced a job about 3 months ago on a slimline , went to order it last night and nearly had a heart atack because I thought you had stopped selling them .

We are working our way through a load of upgrades Jon, including better filtering and enhanced search tools. What we have at the moment is pretty basic, and can cause the sort of issue that you describe.

Today's issue is not about that, but expect some upgrades over the next few weeks.

We are also upgrading our hosting, as traffic has increased a lot over the last few months, and we have outgrown our entry level hosting package. Hopefully this will improve speed and responsiveness.

The site is now back up, but we may take it down for brief periods during the next few weeks. Here's the official announcement:

Ray's PR said:
www.tradeonlyplumbing.com is undergoing a series of planned upgrades and service enhancements during early 2016.

This may mean that the site is unavailable for brief periods. We will try to time these to cause minimum disruption.

We test upgrades thoroughly before releasing them, but it can be difficult to anticipate every combination of device, browser and user activity. If you experience any difficulty using the site during this upgrade programme, please contact us.

Good Ray, is the site down tomorrow? I'm sure its the 28th today..

Good Ray, is the site down tomorrow? I'm sure its the 28th today..

Sorry - typo on my part.

Yes, it was down this afternoon for a couple of hours, and is now back.

However, there will be at least 2 more periods of downtime in the next couple of months. We'll try to keep it to weekday lunchtime/early afternoons, which is our quietest time on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams Trade Only Plumbing site down for maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi All It seems that the hosting company who host our websites are encountering some technical difficulties this afternoon (8/2/16) and as a...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
Our website at www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk will be offline for a few hours starting at about 5:00am on 27th April. Apologies for any...
Replies
Views
R
Well, I kept you waiting. See below for the text of the press release which just about says it all. I'm knackered. My apologies to the mods...
Replies
Views
Many thanks to Williams Plumbing [Trade ONLY merchant] and the open day in Surrey. New Branch opens (as of August 2014) Branch Manager: Andy...
Replies
Views
365drills
S
Hello all, I hope I've come to the right place for some guidance and advice on some plumbing work done? If not a pointer to somewhere more...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock