Search the forum,

Discuss Williams delivery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, for those of you that order from from Williams or Ray if your online, on the deliver day do you get sent a time slot for delivery or could it just turn up at some point during the day? Thanks

For me it's always been before midday. Have had 11.55 and the other extreme of 6.50am!

You can pay for a morning delivery.
Usually a normal delivery comes before 12 but you don't get a time slot.
I would advise to get the kit before the job starts if you need it, eg a boiler change.

My delivery is for Tuesday just wondered if you get a estimated time slot or if someone will need to wait in all day I didn't pay pay for morning delivery, not starting the job until the order arrives as I think I would be tempting fate lol

Wait in mate if you use em regular then they will generally Coke at the same time but can't guarantee

Wait in mate if you use em regular then they will generally Coke at the same time but can't guarantee

Will make sure some one is there all day, am definitely going to start using them more from now on.

I get a phone call from the delivery company ( aspray) when they are about to deliver. Only problem I've had is an oil boiler arriving on a truck with no tail lift or pallet truck! 150kg is not easy from 4 ft up!

I get a phone call from the delivery company ( aspray) when they are about to deliver. Only problem I've had is an oil boiler arriving on a truck with no tail lift or pallet truck! 150kg is not easy from 4 ft up!

Same thing never normally ring me only when it a pallet /crate and they haven't put it on a tail lift and to make sure theirs someone to help it lift em off

they rang me 20 mins before turning up on the last one. couldnt pick up the phone but they turned up anyway!!

did i thank ray for the delivery?

Ok so hopefully I'll get a phone call before

Hi AMW.

There are options to specify before 9:00, before 10:00 and before noon, but these do come at a slight surcharge.

As with most carriers, Aspray like to deliver in the morning, and collect in the afternoon, but it does depend on where you are in relation to the nearest depot, and of course if other people on your route have paid the early surcharge - which my push you later in the day. Obviously when there are floods, snow etc, this can delay the service.

Generally speaking, when its a directly employed Aspray driver, they are great - and often exchange phone numbers with our regulars and keep in touch over delivery times. If they are using an agency driver, unfortunately some of them arent so well motivated to deliver good customer care.

They are rolling out a better tracking system, along with text messaging giving ETA windows, but at the moment this is only available from certain depots.

If you have any problems, either contact Aspray directly or our sales office at 01329 226501, and we can usually contact the driver and get more up to date info.

Hi AMW.

There are options to specify before 9:00, before 10:00 and before noon, but these do come at a slight surcharge.

As with most carriers, Aspray like to deliver in the morning, and collect in the afternoon, but it does depend on where you are in relation to the nearest depot, and of course if other people on your route have paid the early surcharge - which my push you later in the day. Obviously when there are floods, snow etc, this can delay the service.

Generally speaking, when its a directly employed Aspray driver, they are great - and often exchange phone numbers with our regulars and keep in touch over delivery times. If they are using an agency driver, unfortunately some of them arent so well motivated to deliver good customer care.

They are rolling out a better tracking system, along with text messaging giving ETA windows, but at the moment this is only available from certain depots.

If you have any problems, either contact Aspray directly or our sales office at 01329 226501, and we can usually contact the driver and get more up to date info.

Hi Ray, I did see the options when ordering and it doesn't matter what time it comes as there will be someone there, I was more curious that was all. Thanks Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams delivery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock