Discuss Why does a 3/8" bush cistern lever actually measure 6/8" in diameter? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

It may be due to when the pipe sizes were determined (steel pipe) the internal bore of the pipe decided the pipe size.
Most, if not all steel pipe is measured ID.
So you have the wall thickness of the pipe which determined the thread size.

Reply to Why does a 3/8" bush cistern lever actually measure 6/8" in diameter? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have bought a cistern lever that is described as having 3/8" bush According to the salesperson, the 3/8" refers to the diameter of the large...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I need to replace a leaking tap (separate, not a monobloc). I notice screw fix do 3 sizes, 8mm, 9mm and 10.5mm, is this just the diameter...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I 'think' I've found a cheap solution to fulfilling all of my family's heat automation needs using Terrier i30 TRVs (eTRVs that have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock